Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
lina
Unregistered

symptoms
      #140179 - 04/15/05 07:26 PM

hi uys, please help, i haven't gone to get tessted i'm so scared. can you tell me what kind of symptoms you had, and what possesed you do go get tested? thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms new
      #140198 - 04/16/05 09:46 AM

Hey there.

I was diagnosed 2 months ago and will start on Truvada and Sustiva in a couple weeks. I'm a 39 year old white gay male who is a computer programmer. My CD4 count is 350 and vload is 500,000. Both appear stable right now.

I don't know if anyone is quite sure what a symptom of HIV is. It could be that each body responds differently. I just knew how my body normally responded and what I started to experience over the course of 6 months was not right.

To start off it seemed that I was always getting sick. Nothing big just always had a cold or sinus condition and I am usually tired. People started to mention that I was always sick.

Then I started to get bleeding gums, gingivitis. I just could not get this under control no matter how much brushing, gargling and flossing I did. It is under some control but when I brush I still get slightly bleeding gums.

My face started breaking out in this weird acne and my skin was very flakey it was like dandruff on my face. Nothing I could do would get rid of it. Recently I found a blue colored mens facial cleansing gel that has really helped. If I back off on it for a few days the acne comes back. It is not normal acne because in the period where it would usually go away it turns into a sore that itches and bleeds easily.

Finally things got real bad. I came down with awful anal pain and bad diarrhea. It was so painful to take a dump that I prayed not to go. At the time I did not have health insurance so I could not afford to go to a doc. Over the course of a few weeks the anal pain went away but the diarrhea kept getting worse. I could not be any further than a minute away from a toilet or I would make an awful mess. This was extremely embarrassing. Eventually I discovered that by double dosing on Imodium Extra-strength I could get it under control. By the time I figured this out I had lost 20lbs and none of my clothes would fit.

Recently I started getting these burning pains in my abdomine. Sometimes its in my intestines while other times the pain occurs specifically around my liver or pancreas. I have no idea if this has anything to do with it all I know is that this did not happen before.

Oh and I've had a light cough for many months. Nothing comes up but my breathing feels like the asthma I had when I was a child.

Go get tested, don't be ignorant. The test does not give it to you. Either you have it or you don't. I was one of those that waited 10 years between tests and I kick myself for it now. If I would have been tested at least once a year I could have gotten it under control and informed my sex partners. How many of those guys did I inadverdently give this gift to?

annonamus
Unregistered

#140246 - 04/17/05 11:12 PM

Hello,
Sorry we had to meet this way. And I know you are scared. But sweetie theres nothing to freak out over, I've been living with this for 15 years. And believe it or not there are things much worse. And as for symptons, You really can't guage by that. They could stem from you stressing. Listen I can't get into it properly right now because I'm going to sleep but if you want to talk privately you can reach me at flogeo@comcast.net. And I'll spend more time and info. I'm no Dr. but I've been on meds for 11 yrs. So I can offer you much hope , comfort and help you to relax before you really make yourself sick. Hope to hear from you, Till then take care and stay well....FLO aka ..River

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms *DELETED* new
      #140444 - 04/24/05 01:58 AM

Post deleted by TheBody

Monchhichi
Guru

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #140513 - 04/24/05 10:17 PM

Please refrain from 5 year old comments. There is no reason why someone should get blasted just for asking a question. I just wih you had not posted anon that way if you ever needed any help we could turn our backs on you. Everything you do in life comes back upon you threefold. Live by it and you might not be such an angry person.

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

embarrassed
Unregistered

#140742 - 04/26/05 11:21 PM

I recently tested positive. Ive told a few people because it was eating me up to keep it all to myself. Unfortunately I told someone who I thought i could trust. He, without any regard for my outlook, blabbed to another blabber about my condition, the whole while saying that he appreciated me confiding in him. I myself was just informed and I was already being confronted by people who i vaguely knew!! I had to deny it because i was not expecting to be confronted/questioned about it. I contracted it from my boyfriend who now in hindsight, has all of the symptoms listed on most websites (fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, lean muscular build). I just thought most of it was because of his asthma (dumb). Now, Ive informed some other people that I feel I can trust but unfortunately, I dont have a support group as I have only been living in the area for a couple of years. On the symptomatic note, I too have this weird acne and am losing weight (although I cant say if its b/c of the condition or my stressing). I feel that I should change professions because I am in a career that involves standing and presenting in front of groups. I too have been to the cosmetic counter and dropped a hundred bucks or so on cleansing gels, toners, soaps, pads, everything!! It looks a bit better but I already had hard to deal with skin. Talk about symptoms and what to do??? I need some advice.

i will find out all the viral load, T-cell count stuff at my next meeting with my doc. I started walking and swimming just to keep my mind off the May 4th visit........

akumar
All Star

Reged: 05/28/05
Loc: India
      #155912 - 06/07/05 09:53 AM

Start doing Pranayama Yoga - Swami Ram Dev

Swami Ram Dev, the Great Indian Saint & Yoga Guru of our times from India, recommends that People with HIV & AIDS should immediately start doing "Indian Pranayama Yoga" to permanently cure themselves, stop misery, improve health, get peace of mind, get diseases free life & then stop using costly medicines, in consultation with their doctors.

Swami Ram Dev says that it is your birth-right to stay healthy, slim, fit, look beautiful & younger, in complete peace of mind and get back robust health, better than your age.

Do not lose hope, do not suffer and stop depending on expensive treatments, when Indian Pranayama Yoga is there to help you out.

Make proven & time tested "Indian Yoga Pranayama" your " Family Doctor" and enjoy your life fully with complete peace of mind.

As a direct beneficiary of his teachings with practical, I feel it is my duty to inform and to help the mankind in any part of the world to benefit directly by the great work of His Holiness Swami Ram Dev of India. For you information & convenience, let me add that I understand that his latest book and two VCDs are listed for sale on the popular bidding website eBay as " Pranayama Yoga - Swami Ram Dev (1 Book +2 VCDs on Both) ".

If you benefit and get permanent cure tell others, if you need any clarification, ask me. God helps those, who help themselves.

This set of three is capable to change the life of billions of people around the world. Swamiji has revealed the secrets of Pranayama & Yoga, learned during his lifetime in this set of three.

Almost all ailments are cured permanently without costly medicines, operations or surgery.

Hope you shall take this in positive spirits & give it a serious thought.

Please do not hesitate in seeking any clarification & assistance in the matter.

Believe me it is amazing, but it is true & only it can cure HIV & AIDS.

Just start doing it first, let the doctors tell you the results. There is no harm in doing small breathing excercises, as Pranayama Yoga has no side effects.

This is the cheapest, the best and the only way to cure HIV & AIDS patients permanently.

Regards,

ashok kundanlal bhatia,
1st floor, seble niwas, lane behind hotel seble,
off trimbak road, nashik, maharashtra state, 422002
India
phone; +91 98223 57033

--------------------
A Kumar, India.
phone nr.: +91 98223 57033 (8 AM to 10 PM Indian Standard Time: + 5.30 GMT)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4632

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3