Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Suman

Reged: 06/07/04
LATE PERIOD PROBLEM
      #99639 - 06/07/04 10:12 PM

HELLO!
I am worried about my periods which started 3 months later than the usual time...What can be the cause of this? IS IT SOME STD or the thing to be worried?
PLEASE REPLY

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
good girl
Unregistered

Re: LATE PERIOD PROBLEM new
      #100536 - 06/29/04 01:00 PM

Well sweetie all i think is that u need to go get a pregnancy test but than if u are using birth control missing a period would be usual but i know it is not a STD if u don't have any itching, burning, cramping, or a fishy odor just go to the clinic and get a quick pap smear and STD check

GOOD LUCK

Anonymous
Unregistered

#128689 - 12/20/04 10:55 PM

Sometimes endometriosis and cysts can cause late periods. I've had three surgeries for endo and my periods are always erratic.

Caro
Unregistered

#132718 - 01/09/05 07:48 AM

The first few years of your period can be quite irregular. Usually it levels out
within about 2 years, but everyone is different. Some girls are lucky, they get regular almost right away, but other girls are less lucky and stay irregular for years, or even all thier lives.
Especially during puberty, your hormones are all over the place, so its quite logical.
Also, there are only very little women that actually have a cycle of exactly 28 days. Its quite normal for it to be shorter or longer than that.
There are also many other factors that can cause your period to be later or earlier than usual,
For instance: Stress, Ilness, Weight gain or loss, Diet, even the weather can be of influnce.
As you can see, a period being later or earlier than usual is quite normal. The chance of thier really being a problem is quite small.
However, if there is reason to believe that there is a problem, you should see a doctor asap.
And if you know you have had sex, you can always try a pregnancy test and also get yourself tested for std’s.. In those cases, its better safe than sorry right?
I hope this is enough information.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7435

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement