Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLEASE i am worried sick
      #64043 - 04/20/03 02:34 PM

my question is this, i know that HIV is found in blood and that it cannot survive long outside the human body but could HIV infected blood remain infectious and therefore have the potential to be transmitted to an uninfected person in a substance like a lipgloss? because i used a lipgloss several times recently that did not belong to me and now i am worried that if someone used it before me who was HIV+ and got their infected blood in it through something like a cut/sore on their lip, that i could have become infected through using it as i also have a small cut/sore on my lip. can anyone tell me if this is possible. also shortly afterward when i could possibly still have had the lipgloss on my fingers, my fingers came into contact with my vagina and the area around it which is quite sore at the moment, i don't think there were any cuts there, but if there were? i would really appreciate your opinion on this as i am very very worried and am finding it hard to concentrate on anything else. also if anyone answers me, could you tell me where you obtained the information from, as i have scoured the internet and cannot find any information on this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: PLEASE i am worried sick new
      #64175 - 04/23/03 12:03 PM

No you cannot get HIV through lip gloss. NO ONE is 40 million infections world wide ever got infected this way. HIV has TO GET INTO YOUR blood to infect you. And HIV dies within seconds of contact with the AIR.
So just don't have unprotected sex and don't share needles and you won't get infected! You can get colds from sharing lip gloss.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5246

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement