Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

DO U DIE OF PAIN IF U HAVE AIDS?
      #3322 - 04/06/00 06:32 PM

I don't have any family history of HIV or AIDS but just in case I happen to get Aids in the future, is it painful? and how do you die?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
j.p.
Unregistered

Re: DO U DIE OF PAIN IF U HAVE AIDS? new
      #3323 - 04/06/00 06:32 PM

I would have been more comfortable if you would have asked "how does one keep from getting AIDS/HIV". Just in case you have no idea what AIDS is all about, look around on this web page and see the information contained therein.

You should be more concerned about how NOT to get infected rather that if it hurts when you get infected.

Greg
Unregistered

Re: DO U DIE OF PAIN IF U HAVE AIDS? new
      #3325 - 04/06/00 06:33 PM

I agree that you should worry about getting infected. Family history is not as important. If you are sexual--you are at risk!! So unless you are celibate you should consider the possibility that you could get infected--even if you are monogomous--because many many people have been infected by cheating spouses or lovers....

Anyway to answer your question. Right now people are doing really well living with HIV or AIDS. You don't die of AIDS--you die because your immune system cannot fight off many other possible illnesses--you could get cancer or another opportunisitc infection and get sick--it could be painful or not. It's like general illnesses that you may get when you get much older--you could be lucky and have little pain or have lots--it depends what happens--all humans die--some people in their 70's and 80's--get chronic painful illnesses that drag on and on and on and others die in their sleep or die without pain--there is no way this can be predicted. In any case actual pain should not be a problem since they have great morphine and give it out freely when you are near death. Greg

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7824

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement