Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Tash
Unregistered

A guy is in love with me but he has aids
      #32527 - 04/21/02 09:51 PM

I don't know whether i should date him or not because he has aids. I really like him, but i would die if he died. I need some help and information on aids, if i am even to consider dating him, he is really special, i don't know what to do.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Regular

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: A guy is in love with me but he has aids new
      #32740 - 04/23/02 02:02 PM

Hey,

Well I think that becoming informed is very important. You need to know what your dealing with to be able to make decisions.

One thing that I see in your post is that you say the guy has AIDS. It think you probably mean that he's HIV positive which is different then having AIDS. AIDS is when the HIV virus destroys a large portion of the immune system and usually takes several years of being untreated from the time of becoming infected with HIV.

It is very possible for someone who's HIV positive and someone who's HIV negative to have a relationship and sex life. It means being careful and practicing safe sex every time, and there are still always risks.

You say that you really like him and would die if he died. Nothing in life is a guarantee. Lets say you meet a negative guy and fall in love and the next day he gets in a car accident. Life is what you make of it with the time you have and no one knows how much time they have. HIV doesn’t change this anymore then anything else. For all you know you two could get together and he could out live you.

There are lots of resources here on the body that can help you. Also find out if there is medical center in your area that deals with HIV, try to make an appointment to talk to one of the counselors and find out what you would need to do to stay safe.

Most of all please remember that someone with HIV is still a person, they still love, they still get hurt, they still are human with all the feelings that you and everyone else has.

Good Luck

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37561 - 07/26/02 02:31 PM

girl if u are in love with him then be with him but i want you to make sure that if you have sex with him use protection at all times if u have to then use two condoms!!!! much love homegurl and take care......be happy with him..don;t let his illness bother
u

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41349 - 10/07/02 11:22 AM

I have HIV, and i was in love with a boy a few months ago. when he found out he was cool with it at first, but then started talking to his friends, and after about a month, he dumped me, saying he just cant get sick... not that im saying that is what you should do. but i support his decision. you have to look out for number one in this world.... that is what everyone else does, and if you dont you could be very very sorry

Anonymous
Unregistered

#67040 - 07/05/03 09:01 PM

don't let nothing stop you from true love. Even if he does have aids. but I understand where you coming from. The only bad thing that I could see being wrong is not being able to have sex. But sex shouldn't be the reason for any relationship. And how you said you would die if he died you just got to prepare yourself.

EDDIE__VASQUEZ

Reged: 10/30/04
Loc: FLORIDA
      #113348 - 10/31/04 03:13 PM

TASH, HECK IF YOU LOVE HIM. GO FOR IT. JUST BE CAREFUL. WITH OPEN SORES IN THE MOUTH, AND USE TRIPPLE PROTECTION. AND ALSO DO SOME RESEARCH ON THIS DAMM VIRUS.AM IN A RELATIONSHIP AM PZ AND HE IS NOT. AM VERY CAREFUL WITH HIM.I LOVE HIM DEARLY.I WOULD DIE IF I GET HIM INFECTED. WISH YOU THE BEST. AND GOD BLESS.

pocahontas
New User

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: minnesota, united states
      #117826 - 11/27/04 08:15 PM

i am 23 years old and have AIDS, i found out two years into a relationship that i had HIV. i got too scared to pass it to him that and broke it off. we always said even before i found out that no matter what we always would be friends, so after a few weeks i called him and we started talking agian. i told him the main reason why i broke it off was because i was afraid of infecting him. he told me that if that happened it didn't matter cause i was the one he wanted to grow old with. if you two decide to see eachother make sure you are carefull. me and my guy are back together. and you can have fun and safe at the same time.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10052

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement