Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
GodsSoilder1994

Reged: 07/28/13
Loc: Texas
18 With AIDS new
      #273199 - 07/28/13 05:44 PM

Hi im new to this.... I was just wondering if maybe there was someone out there that could relate to my situation and possibly find someone that i could talk to about this. its hard not being able to talk to someone that completely understands what youre going through. I was diagnosed with AIDS around march 2013. i found out because my boyfriend of 2 years was born with HIV and never bothered to tell me. I didnt find out until February when he was diagnosed with full blown AIDS and died shortly after that. i was left to deal with this alone (well besides family) and now i just dont know any more. idk about life idk about my future. if theres anyone out there pleasee feel free to reply or email me personally at chelseydj1994@gmail.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: 18 With AIDS new
      #273205 - 07/29/13 04:56 PM

hey there, so sorry to hear about that. there are lots of members on these boards that have been where you are and know how you're feeling. you've taken a good first step by reaching out. don't worry, it does get better!

are you in touch with an HIV organization? they can help you get a case manager and a good HIV doc. if you received an AIDS diagnosis, meaning your CD4 count is below 200, you should probably start meds right away!

also, these boards are public, so perhaps you want to edit your post to not include your email address. but if you don't mind, you can leave it.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

jbrice

Reged: 12/20/13
Loc: South Carolina
Re: 18 With AIDS new
      #274503 - 12/20/13 10:32 AM

Indeed your viral load will only increase, while your immune system continues to weaken. ART (anti-retroviral therapy) has been proven to work really well at helping people maintain an almost negligent viral load. If you need assistance in making decisions, please contact your primary care provider, or try to find a counselor in your area.

blackdante

Reged: 01/25/14
Re: 18 With AIDS
      #275138 - 01/30/14 04:02 AM

Also i dont know if you know Jesus Christ but developing a spiritual relationship with him will give you peace and an unknown strength in this tough time. Prayer helps most people with HIV will tell u. be blessed

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3666

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement