Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

pregnacy during ure period
      #26142 - 12/30/01 07:21 PM

if u have unprotected sex during ure period can u get pregnant?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: pregnacy during ure period new
      #26162 - 12/31/01 02:45 PM

I'm a guy, but I'll take a crack at answering your question.

The way I understand it the answer would be No, you can't become pregnant during your period. Your period comes after your body has released an egg and it has not been fertalized. Your body gets rid of everything that is needed to supoort the new fetus.

Just one warning on unprotected sex. Just because you can't get pregnant dosn't mean that you can't pick up a STD or become infected with HIV. Unprotected sex is something that you should only do with someone that you trust and feel comfortable that they don't have anything that they will pass to you.

I hope that helps.

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26336 - 01/04/02 11:12 AM

it's rare but possible. The bleeding is from your uterous which had prepared for a possible pregnancy. But AN egg can still be released in your fallopian tubes and can still be fertilized. In any case sperm can live in your body for 48 hours and then the fertilized egg takes takes time to travel to implant.

But if you are having unprotected sex with someone you aren't 100% sure of you are at risk for HIV and other stds!

THE FACTS
During ovulation, when an egg is available for fertilization, is when conception becomes possible. However, it is not necessary for intercourse to occur precisely at the moment of ovulation. Fortunately, there is actually about a 4 day window in which intercourse is most likely to result in pregnancy . Your most fertile time is about 12 to 15 days before the beginning of the next menstrual period. In our example of a typical 28 day menstrual cycle. Cycle Days 12-15 would be the most likely days for intercourse to result in pregnancy. At this time, the woman's pituitary gland dramatically increases production of the hormone LH. This increase is commonly known as the "LH surge". Within one and a half days after the LH surge, a follicle in the ovary ruptures and releases a mature egg. This process is called ovulation. The time around ovulation is the most optimal time to have intercourse in order to enhance the chance for pregnancy. As soon as the LH surge is detected, intercourse should begin. Even though ovulation has yet to take place, sperm can live up to 72 hours within the female reproductive tract. Therefore, sperm should be present and ready for fertilization when the egg is released. Intercourse should again take place the day of ovulation and the following day to further optimize the chance for conception.

Assuming there are no fertility problems, it may still take several months to conceive. In fact a couple without fertility problems has only a 25% chance of making a baby each month. Therefore, timing intercourse may be very helpful to enhance the chance for pregnancy. It is important to remember however, that many other factors must be present for fertilization to take place. The male must produce a sufficient number of normal, actively moving sperm in order to achieve conception (see The Male Factor: Sperm Production). The female's reproductive tract must be able to receive sperm and allow them to migrate from the vagina, through the cervix, and into the fallopian tubes. She must produce fertile cervical mucus to help the sperm travel through the cervix. Her fallopian tubes must be healthy enough to perform their function of helping the sperm get to the egg, and then to protect and nourish the fertilized egg, and deliver it into the womb. Inside the womb, the endometrial lining must be able to allow implantation and nourishment to the embryo as it develops into a fetus. All of these factors must be present for a successful pregnancy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#127072 - 12/18/04 01:40 AM

if u have unprotected sex and bleed afterwards does dat mean ur pregnant

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132835 - 01/12/05 07:22 AM

Yes

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139618 - 04/03/05 09:17 PM

yes u can still get pregnant!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#143837 - 05/06/05 09:42 AM

u have a very little chance having intercourse during ur period, u ovalate 2 weeks b4 ur period so thats the time when it could happen

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9861

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement