Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
lov2bblaque

Reged: 06/22/06
Loc: Cleveland, Oh10
new to the site
      #197155 - 06/22/06 07:28 PM

hello I am new to the site and I am afraid to get tested. I know that I need to but I just don't want to know the results. I mean what if they are positive. i am only 16 years old with no children and a great potential for succes in my future. I want a life, a husband, a fantastic career, and maybe even children one day. I am in a relationship with a young man and we have unprotected sex because of this I am freaking out. I have went for checkups but I have never been tested or requested a test. Basically what I am asking is it better to know or not to know. Any helpful advice would greatly help me thank you.

--------------------
I am young and afraid
god bless and i hope yopour prayers are answered

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
comix

Reged: 05/25/06
Re: new to the site new
      #197185 - 06/22/06 09:20 PM

I am 19, and I am going through the same thing. I am scared, really scared that I made the wrong choice, and that choice could effect me for the rest of my life.
But I would rather know now then later, because all people with HIV eventually find out, but sometimes its too late.
So please, get tested. I'm taking my test at the beginning of July, and I hope you set up your appointment soon too.

Best of luck, and keep in touch.

Edited by comix (06/22/06 09:23 PM)

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #197226 - 06/23/06 08:08 AM

quote "I know that I need to ".
Why do you need to get tested? Because you are sexually active? Thats good enough reason.
What about the boyfriend? If you continue to have unprotected sex, it won't make a lot of difference unless he is tested as well and that you guys practice safe sex...and monogamous sex. You know....no cheating.
You need to know your HIV status because you do not want to infect others. You practice safe sex so that you wont be infected.
Please be careful with your health.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #197381 - 06/23/06 11:36 PM

Well, if you ARE positive (and I'm not saying you are) you'll still be positive, regardless of whether or not you get tested...
But if you test, you'll be able to take care of yourself and you really WILL be able to have a future..If you dont get tested, you could hurt others and possibly get sick and lose whatever future you had.

If you are negative, testing won't hurt (well aside from a prick perhaps?). And if you KNOW you are negative, you'll be able to make sure you stay that way.
And won't it be a huge relief to not have to worry about the 'what if' either way?

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
      #197404 - 06/24/06 05:33 AM

Very nicely put Eleniel!

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#197939 - 06/27/06 09:18 PM

It's better to know. And it's better to have PROTECTED sex if you want to be protected from HIV and lots of other sexually transmitted diseases. Girl, you've got to take control of your live! Did you know that herpes is also a disease that is for life and you can get it from having unprotected sex? Or that HPV is also sexually transmitted and you can get that from having unprotected sex? And that many strains of HPV can lead to cervical cancer. Girl, having unprotected sex is a precious luxury! Make sure you do it with someone you are serious with and who you can trust to be monogomous! THINK! Stop being afraid of taking care of yourself. Getting tested just means being in control of your life! IF you are not in control who is??????

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #198547 - 07/02/06 01:39 AM

welcome,first thing i would like to say is since you are sexually active there is a possibility,if you dont know you wont be able to get a grasp of things before you cant,have your boyfreind go with and get tested together,and because you want this future you talk about then you should practice safe sex always to start with,you cant have the future you talk of with a baby attached to your hip,and depending on the test dosent really mean you cant have the future you want,you will learn about things if your positive to help you get the help you may need,it wont hurt you to know,it will put you at ease if your not positive,you wont have needless worry for nothing,so get tested and be carefull when having sex no matter who it is,hope this helps,take care

nez
Regular

Reged: 03/09/01
      #202923 - 08/09/06 02:03 AM

you can go take the test and when you have enough courage you can go back in and get the result.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10273

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement