Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

i really need to know
      #19389 - 07/16/01 11:11 PM

please help, i want to know if i can get aids from sleeping with a guy whom sleep with another girl who might have aids without him getting it. or is it impossible for him not to get it. does he have to get it in order for myself to get it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: i really need to know new
      #19406 - 07/17/01 02:05 PM

Hey there, this is probably a lot more information then you are looking for but I thought it might help:

I got it all from from: http://www.sfaf.org/aids101/transmission.html

The Short answer to your question is no you can not get HIV just from sleeping with a guy as long as sleeping is all your doing. Even if you have sex wtih him he would first have to be HIV positive to pass it to you. HIV can be passed from guy to guy, from guy to girl, from girl to guy, and from girl to girl. Just be safe and know your partner. Below is a lot more information and I hope it helps. If anyone has any questions or needs someone to chat with about HIV and AIDS, feel free to e-mail me at gregg629@aol.com just put "HIV Question" in the topic so I won't think your message is spam. Or post here and I will respond.

Gregg
=====================================================

Three conditions must be met for HIV transmission to occur:

HIV must be present;
Infection can only happen if one of the persons involved is infected with HIV. Some people assume that certain behaviors (such as anal sex) cause AIDS, even if HIV is not present. This is not true.

In sufficient quantity;
The concentration of the HIV virus determines whether infection may happen. In blood, for example, the virus is very concentrated. A small amount of blood is enough to infect someone. However you would need a much larger amount of other fluids would be needed for HIV transmission.

And it must get into the bloodstream.
It is not enough to be in contact with an infected fluid to become infected. This means that you can't get HVI by just touching someone that is infected. Healthy, unbroken skin does not allow HIV to get into the body; it is an excellent barrier to HIV infection. HIV can only enter through an open cut or sore, or through contact with the mucous membranes in the anus and rectum, the genitals, the mouth, and the eyes.

========================================

Where is HIV Found in the Body?
Looking at the first two conditions for HIV transmission (HIV present and in sufficient quantity), let's examine some of the so-called "bodily fluids" that can contain HIV.

Infectious "bodily fluids"
HIV can be transmitted from an infected person to another through:

Blood (including menstrual blood)
Semen
Vaginal secretions
Breast milk
Blood contains the highest concentration of the virus, followed by semen, followed by vaginal fluids. Breast milk can also contain a high concentration of the virus.

Possibly infectious "bodily fluids"

HIV might be transmitted from an infected person to another from:

Pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum)
Although it is difficult for researchers to analyze definitively, it is thought that HIV may be transmitted through pre-cum (this is a clear fluid that lubricates the urethra for semen). Pre-seminal fluid can contain semen or white blood cells, both of which have HIV in an infected person. So going back to conditions required for transmission, HIV can be present, but it is present in a relatively small amount, compared to semen or blood. Therefore, pre-seminal fluid presents a much lower risk for HIV transmission than ejaculate, but there is some risk, depending on where this fluid is going (as in all transmission situations).

Non-infectious "bodily fluids"
Saliva
Tears
Sweat
Feces
Urine

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5242

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement