Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chlamydia question
      #172681 - 02/01/06 01:10 AM

I wanted to pose this question. I went to the doctors for a UTI. They said that was what it was but they screened for chlamydia anyways. I don't know much about it so I went online to research it. I definately get that it is an STD. What I don't understand is what if a male and female were both screened before having intercourse and were negative but contracted it later while still monogamous. How can it happen? It has to have a beginning like a bacteria gone bad. It needed to have a start. It's not like one individual was born with it magically and now everyone can get it. It has to start in the body somehow.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: Chlamydia question new
      #172716 - 02/01/06 09:36 AM

You are correct. It doesn't magically appear. You contract STDs through sexual contact. If you tested negative...and later test postive, you have come in contact with someone tht had it. Are you certain that the relationship was monogamous on both of your parts?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#172737 - 02/01/06 10:57 AM

I knew that question was going to be asked. I don't want to sound cynical but what I mean is chlamydia has to have a beginning. Obviously for a person to contract it from another is an easy way to explain it. Maybe you don't understand the question. It goes deeper than "I had sex and have it now". I also stated that I was told I have a UTI and not chlamydia. What I mean is that chlamydia is the result of some kind of infection or bacteria gone bad in a persons body where they end up developing chlamydia with no sexual contact and then spreading it once they do have sex. That is what I mean by "it has to have a beginning". I did some research on it and how it potentially began but the main question of "where does it begin" is avoided merely by stating you came in contact with someone that had/has it.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #173216 - 02/03/06 02:25 PM

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. No, it is not a bacteria that is normally in your body. You have to come in contact with it....like a cold or cough. You will not come down with it if you don't come in contact with it.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #173425 - 02/05/06 01:33 AM

hi

regards from india

You cannot get a STD/HIV unless one of the two partners engaging in the sexual activity is infected. Niether HIV, nor STD's can come into existence unless one is infected.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#221933 - 01/13/07 02:25 PM

can any1 out there help me with this question, i have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and as far as I am aware neither of us has had any other partner in that time. about 3 months ago he got tested and he showed up positive with chlamydia so a few weeks ago I went to the doc and got tested but I was clean and negative for chlamydia. The thing is that he has moved to another city so we only see each other at the weekends and also in the last few months I have come off the pill meaning that we have been using condoms. He swears that he was not with any1 else and I am tending to believe him but I dont think i should. Can you become infected from a towel or another other way besides having sex??? He also thinks that the test may have been wrong or the doctor could have lied about the results in order to get him to buy the medication from his pharmacy next door to his practice. Any advice as I am seriously confused about the whole thing becasue I dont think he cheated but can it be explained any other way. Is there a possibility that he had it before our relationship and I didn't get it in the last 3 years???
thanks to any1 with any advice.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17747

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement