Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Information
      #156176 - 06/14/05 08:39 PM

I'm currently 15 going on 16 soon, and I had started to have sex when I was 14 (yes, I know... young). All in all, I've had four sexual partners, or five if do not include sexual intercourse. I'm fairly certain of the ones that I've had sexual intercourse with, that I have no picked anything up from at all (well, see, two were virgins, and one had one sexual partner before me, and while he could still have one, I'm not nervous about that guy in the least). However, my current boyfriend and I do not use protection (he's one of the four I mentioned), not because I didn't want to be safe, just because we were so caught up in the moment, and yadda yadda yadda. Stupid decisions, yes.
Anyways, he's had more experience than I have, and has been more adventurous than me, as well. So I'm extremely nervous about the possibility of STDs, and most importantly... HIV/AIDs.
What I would like to know, is what it's like for other teens to live life with HIV? What's it like with medication, and the like. And, also, any additional information on HIV is greatly appreciated, as I'm really uneducated on HIV alone, and would like to know more from a more personal point of view (rather than websites, though I'm looking up facts there, too). Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Information new
      #156227 - 06/16/05 07:27 PM

You remind me of a younger version of me. I wish someone would have shook the stupid out of me back then so here it goes: All you need to know right now is that if you had unprotected sex with a person of unknown status you need to be tested in 3 months. I would make an appointment with your doctor and have a pap done. HIV is not the only STD out there. Use protection!! No guy is worth your life and your health. You are headed down a very dangerous road. Take it from someone who has been there. I also started having sex at 14. High school was a very hard time for me. I had friends but I always felt very small. I don't know why you are not taking care of yourself. It took me a long time to figure that out for myself. It sounds like sex is not your only problem. You may have depression or low self-esteem. Talk to someone. Your school should have suggestions or ask your doctor. Don't cut your life short or make it any harder than it has to be. "Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all" Respect yourself and your body. I have a very good feeling that you are negative. Keep it that way! God bless you! He loves you and wants you to love yourself. Take care!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156236 - 06/16/05 10:16 PM

Having unprotected sex is really not safe nowadays....just ask for protection. For pregnancy for sexually transmitted diseases! You can have control. and you can be safe. But you have to care about yourself enough and be knowledgeable. You have to know how many stds there are out there and how common they are. The only way you can tell if someone has an std is by testing for it...not by guessing. Remember no one will take good care of you if you don't do it first!

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #156249 - 06/17/05 04:09 PM

Hi,
I know exactly how you feel....I've been in your shoes, but unfortunately for me, at the time....I didn't have enough self esteem to speak up about std's or being tested for hiv and stuff, and of course heard rumors about the guy having it (after I was with him of course).
I have to tell you, you don't want to know what it is like to be a young adult who has to live out the rest of their lives with hiv. Knowing that your whole future has to change, or is in the hands of medical research, or living on medication, and getting very sick from them. What you should want to learn about is how to empower yourself in keeping yourself safe. Being strong enough, and secure enough in your heart and life to want to be safe. by being comfortable enough to talk to your partner about this. Thnk to yourself "where do you want to be in 10 yrs" when you are only 26, do you want a great job, with a promising future, maybe a supporting husband with a good head on his shoulders, maybe a new child. If you would rather ask, what it is like to live with this disease....its not that you can't have these wonderful things, but you cannot have them, unless you find the strenght within yourself. And also, you can have these things, but you also have to think.....I will need meds, I will need condoms, i can never breastfeed.
Plese know your value and your worth. your future depends on it. I used to always think to myself...well, we've already had sex...its too late for condoms now. That is not true...it is never too late, you could have sex 25 times (with the same person) without a condom, and it could be that last time that you end up getting it.
I graduated from high school, pregnant with my first son, and one year later, contracted hiv. for 13 yrs, I've had to live with that...a new (not better) life. But the good that did come out of it.....is I learned to like myself better, and got to really know myself. I just wished I had the power to do that sooner.

Find a way, your future really depends on it. You are heading down the same path I've walked. (I know what its like to start young), but also to not know how to be brave enough to talk about these things. But not only just to talk about them....to care about myself enough to use condoms consistently. And if he truly cared about you....he wouldn't mind if you asked him to use a condom. When your young they say It ruins the moment, or one person would be insulted...it shouldn't be that way if two people truly care about eachother. And even if you both want it to last forever...you would still use condoms, until you are both tested.
Please let us know how you are.
love and prayers, and please.....you have the power and strength to control your destiny and your future.

Debbie

Silver
Unregistered

Talk to me if you need to new
      #156372 - 06/22/05 12:47 AM

Hi, I'm turning 17 tomorrow, and I'm a HIV positive female. I started having sex at 14 also. I've only been with one person. And we're still together and he's aware of my condition. But yes, there were times when we didn't use protection. I feel it was because I didn't have the self confidence to just say, "I won't have sex with if you don't use a condom". So far, all his tests have come out negative. I know what it's like to get caught up in the moment but that moment of unprotected sex isn't worth all the stress that comes with it. Something that helped me was talking to my boyfriend before hand about it. We made a deal that we would get the condom ready way in advance. And we would keep them around for when ever we needed them. And, we also both agreed that it was safer and cooler to use condoms. Therefore, we would both speak up about getting the condom when needed. You just have to stop the shame because using a condom is NOTHING to feel ashamed about and get it out in the open, otherwise, it puts so much stress on you emotionally and mentally which is unhealthy.
And it's always important to protection yourself against STD's in general. Practice safe sex because if you don't build up that self confidence to just say no to unprotected sex, you probably won't be able to say it to your future partners either. And it's also good for your boyfriend(s) to learn it too. Oh, and you asked about the medicine? It's not too much of a hassle for me since I've been talking them all my life, but I can't imagine what it's like for someone who has to start out of the blue. And remember, people's immune systems are different, so some might be affected worse than others. There is no telling how someone's body would deal with it.
If you need to talk about HIV coming from someone of the same age group, let me know. Or just to talk about anything. Remember, I'm only a year older than you and I STILL have trouble here and there. I'm learning too.
-take care of yourself and your partners :)
-Silver

spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
      #156526 - 06/25/05 03:59 AM

HELLO: I'm not a teen but i can tell you that regardless of how old you are, HIV is just not fun. I WOULD NOT WISH HIV or AIDS ON MY WORST ENEMY. I wish there was a way for me to get the feelings of that last statement to imprint on your soul. I don't think 'getting caught up in the moment' is a very good excuse for the potential of alot of pain and stress. But maybe to you it is. Regardless i certainly encourage you to always use protection. 'and yadda yadda yadda'

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166204 - 12/05/05 03:46 PM

[quote]I'm currently 15 going on 16 soon, and I had started to have sex when I was 14 (yes, I know... young). All in all, I've had four sexual partners, or five if do not include sexual intercourse. I'm fairly certain of the ones that I've had sexual intercourse with, that I have no picked anything up from at all (well, see, two were virgins, and one had one sexual partner before me, and while he could still have one, I'm not nervous about that guy in the least). However, my current boyfriend and I do not use protection (he's one of the four I mentioned), not because I didn't want to be safe, just because we were so caught up in the moment, and yadda yadda yadda. Stupid decisions, yes.
Anyways, he's had more experience than I have, and has been more adventurous than me, as well. So I'm extremely nervous about the possibility of STDs, and most importantly... HIV/AIDs.
What I would like to know, is what it's like for other teens to live life with HIV? What's it like with medication, and the like. And, also, any additional information on HIV is greatly appreciated, as I'm really uneducated on HIV alone, and would like to know more from a more personal point of view (rather than websites, though I'm looking up facts there, too). Thanks! [/quote]

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7232

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement