Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
kid_brother

Reged: 12/03/02
I Suspect My Sister Has AIDS
      #46284 - 12/09/02 01:00 AM

I believe my sister has AIDS and she has not been forthcoming about it. I don't know how to approach her about it or if I should. She has had a promiscuous past as a bi-sexual, has had several friends die of AIDS in the past, has had past sexual relations with someone who currently has AIDS, has had skin sores on her legs for two years (according to Mom) and recently more visible on her face. She has not once admitted to having ANY physical health problems and she is exhibiting severe signs of depression and hypersensitivity. She is a compulsive liar (I like to say "bullshitter") on top of everything else, but that hasn't been a big deal (to me) until now. I am greatly concerned that she has no intention of telling anyone in our family about her obvious condition. I think its going to tear her up mentally and emotionally before it does physically. I really think she's afraid that my Mom and Dad will judge her most harshly and as a result desire to see less of her. I think that may very well happen as far as Mom is concerned. Dad would be heartbroken. But I think these are normal reactions, but we're big people and should deal with it. I don't know how to handle this, but I hate to think that my sister is suffering more than she has to. All I can really do is offer my love and understanding, but I don't know if she really wants it.

Can anyone offer some advice in this situation?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KIM
Unregistered

Re: I Suspect My Sister Has AIDS new
      #46452 - 12/04/02 11:18 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Its a shame that your sister is in such denial and she is only harming herself. whats important is to make her understand what you suspect, and that you will still love her and not judge her and you want her to go to the doctor and get some medical treatment. Telling your parents right now is not a good idea because nobody knows for sure what she has and she needs to get to a DR first to be officially diagnosed.

I would beg her to go see a DR. Let her know you are there to support her.

Good luck and keep us posted with any developments.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#46504 - 12/04/02 05:24 PM

just support her and be there for her, she is very scared right now the last thing she needs is unasked for conern which to her right now will read as judgment

Anonymous
Unregistered

#46761 - 12/05/02 05:14 PM

Take her out for a coffee or something and take a big risk--Tell her you love her and care for her and that if she ever ever needed you you would be there for her! And say that you think she may be sick and you want so much for her to live and be well when you are older, is she seeing a doctor...

Something like that anyhow would help.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3199

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement