Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Jessica
Unregistered

My boyfriend still wants a baby
      #4242 - 05/22/00 02:30 PM

Lately I have been going through hell! I just found out the other day a guy I met on the internet in January has AIDS and its full-blown too. Anyway I was stupid and slept with him on the first night I met him, I never saw him after that but kept in touch. I got a test done a couple of days ago, and won't get the results back for a couple of weeks...so they say Now I'm just waiting. My problem is I have a boyfriend who loves me with all his heart and soul, at the time I met this other guy we were fighting. My boyfriend wants to marry me and have children. I did tell him whats going on and he says he still loves me and still wants to be with me. I live in another state then him but that doesnt matter to him. Anyway he really wants a baby bad and Im willing to give it to him, but I'm so worried about me testing positive. Will this baby have HIV if I do? My boyfriend doesn't even care that he could get infected he says he will stick by me no matter what. I'm just worried about a child. Please help if you can
Thank you Jessica You can also email me at itsme1017@yahoo.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeremy
Unregistered

Re: My boyfriend still wants a baby new
      #4822 - 06/03/00 09:12 AM

Hi Jessica
The incidence of transmission of HIV from man to woman seems to extremely low if non-existent,I think you have nothing to worry about. just look around some of the other postings of women who have been with HIV + partners for 10 years of more without getting infected!
In any case HIV probably does'nt cause AIDS, its more likely the AZT and similar drug therapies that kill people.
don't worry
Jeremy

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4850 - 06/03/00 11:06 PM

I think you might want to get your facts straight about HIV, AIDS and the meds. If I understand things correctly, the CDC defines AIDS based on the amount of HIV virus in the blood (viral load) and cell counts and/or if an opportunistic infection is present. The meds are not what causes AIDS.

Also, women DO get HIV from men and I don't think the statement about the transmission rate of women getting HIV from men as low is accurate.

Karen
Unregistered

#13311 - 12/07/00 12:59 PM

In response to Jeremy's completely misinformed opinion, HIV is transmitted MORE easily from MAN to WOMAN. Women have a much higher chance of tearing during sex (even if these are just minute tears), giving the virus easy access into your system. And AZT does not cause AIDS - HIV is the virus that diminishes the body's immune system so much, that the person becomes more susceptible to illness like cancer and pneumonia. Jeremy, if you've read anything of interest on this board, I would think that you would get your facts straight and not try to encourage the transmission of this illness.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#152139 - 05/24/05 06:52 AM

what a fruit cake full of advice you are! vaginas are very susceptible to catching virus' including hiv just the same as an anus is!
your reply was kind but irresposible!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#152140 - 05/24/05 06:57 AM

the first thing i thought when i was diagnosed with hiv was im going to die... the second was i will never be a mother.
with proper treatment you can live a healthy life and that means having a baby too! get in touch with some experts and dont let fear take over.i have been pos for five years and have a hiv negative partner and beautiful healthy hiv negative daughter.
good luck.
peace out

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4688

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement