Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HELP Advise needed
      #26483 - 01/06/02 09:31 PM

Pregnant with multiple babies by IVF with ICSI. My husband just told me he cheated and is HIV +. He contracted it 6 weeks prior to the IVF transfer. 4 weeks prior to IVF transfer he was tested and was negative. Two months after exposure he is positive. I currently test negative. What are the chances of my babies being positive and me becoming positive?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HELP Advise needed new
      #26537 - 01/07/02 04:17 PM

you poor thing! You must be going crazy. You must stop having unprotected sex with him Immediately! Also you have to figure when the last time you had unprotected sex was and get tested 6 weeks from that date and then again at 5 months. It's not easy to get HIV so hopefully you won't!
Also for your babies, if you are positive, then it's only a 25% chance that they would be. And with medications, it goes down to a 2 % chance.

Write me here if you need any help whatsoever! My husband gave me HIV and so I know how you might be feeling...

Rachel

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26595 - 01/08/02 12:07 PM

what a hard thing! The chances are low. You have to try to remember how many times you had sex with him since he contracted it. it's not like you have unprotected sex once and bingo you get it. there are a variety of factors.

Good luck! And get support!

Ivy Lady
Unregistered

#27610 - 01/30/02 01:07 PM

How devastating. The first, most important thing you need to do is RELAX. I know it's got to be difficult but right now your main focus should be your babies and if you're stressed out it's hard on the babies. From here on out every decision has to be based on the health and well-being of your babies, that should help you remain focused and making rational decisions.
I would think that with a revelation like his you are no longer having sex, but regardless of what happens you can NEVER have unprotected sex with him again. From what I've read and experienced your chances of contracting the virus are low since he contracted it so recently.
Don't panic, make your doctor aware and follow his/her recomendations for future testing. On the off chance that you do become positive prior to the birth of your babies, there are medications they can administer to you to decrease the probibility of transmission. Ask your doctor about consulting with another OBGYN who has dealt with pregnancy and HIV.
I would strongly recommend some counseling to help you deal with the infideilty as well as the HIV. And have faith, you have been strong enough to get through everything that leads to IVF, you will get through this as well.
Best of luck :-)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2966

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement