Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
lovingdaughter

Reged: 02/06/12
Dad won't start treatment
      #260982 - 02/06/12 11:40 PM

Hi. My dad was recently Dx with AIDS. He and my mom (who is negative) did tell myself and my siblings. We have all been supportive and have let him know that we are always there for him. He is very depressed and was supposed to start treatment 2 weeks ago and declined treatment. I am worried he is giving up and don't know what to do to help. I love him so much and he is so progressed that the docs say he only has a year at most if he doesn't start treatment. I know it is his choice, but am so so broken hearted. What more can we be doing as his family to help him?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Dad won't start treatment new
      #261055 - 02/08/12 04:29 PM

Why doesn't everyone write Dad a letter expressing your love for him and why you want him to start treatment. You all may of alreaky verablized it to him but to have letters in his hand , something that he can and needs to read over and over again, like an intervention. Please stay in touch with me If you want me to call and talk to him I will. But I strongly urge you to all write the letters to him. Read them to him as a group or just give them to him and let him be to read. them. My prayers to your dad and the rest of family. .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

lovingdaughter

Reged: 02/06/12
      #261061 - 02/08/12 11:19 PM

Hi,
Thank you both for your responses. We did a little of both, wrote letters and were open and honest and let him see how much we were hurting. Not sure if that did it or if he just needed time to process everything (understandable), but he decided to begin treatment! I know this is only one of many hurdles and challenges, but hopefully we can face them together with him for many years to come. Thank you again...

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #261066 - 02/09/12 08:13 AM

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #261127 - 02/12/12 07:02 PM

I'm sooo glad your dad has taken that step. And in time he'll see the meds are fine as well as the diagnosis. I have a feeling it's more than just that that is bothering him but hey we all make mistakes. That is why Christ died on the cross for us. Keep showing him un-conditional love . Love heals all wounds. Meds will fix the rest.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2440

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement