Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dad is HIV positive
      #26036 - 12/27/01 11:30 AM

I am a 25 yr.old female and I just found out that my straight father and his girlfriend are HIV positive. Anyone want to share with me any feelings or discussions, I'm ready to talk, :(

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My dad is HIV positive new
      #26596 - 01/08/02 12:09 PM

what's your e-mail?

KathyWA
Unregistered

#28946 - 02/27/02 02:25 AM

My mother called from the hospital almost 8years ago. She was in shock...the doctor had just informed her she was HIV+. I know the fog you are feeling right now, I still haven't totally gotten rid of it myself. If you want to talk, feel free to reply, and I will do the same. Maybe sharing some of what I have "learned" the past few years can help :) Kathy

sadandconfused
Unregistered

#29205 - 03/03/02 05:26 AM

both of my grandparents have AIDS . My grandfather is 84 and my grandma is 75. I don't know what to do. Are they too old for treatment? how can i improve the quality of their end of life. They wont even talk to me about it, even seem to be in denial. they used to be very healthy and fit people--this is destroying them especially since they are afraid to talk about it . HELP ME , I NEED TO TALK TO SOME ONE ASAP

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40290 - 09/18/02 09:25 AM

i too have just found out that my dad is ill with full blown aids we only discovered this after he had been admitted to hospital with a mystery illness,my dad says he contracted it 16 years ago after having a hetrosexual extra marital affair . my mum has not had intercourse with him for 10 years prior to us finding out and untill he admitted to his infidelity we did not know where he had got it from so my mum and i were both tested thankfully we are both negative but it is hard to deal with everything as all our lives have been blown apart i really love my dad but my mum is struggling to cope with the fact that not only after 32years of marriage my dad has been unfaithful but that he has put her life at risk .aids to the outside world seems like a dirty disease that you cant talk about we cant find support groups and sometimes i wish dad had cancer instead so that i could talk to other people face to face about things but we live in a small village and we cant tell people because of the stigma attached we want to find out things like how can you get hiv from semen and vaginal fluids but not kissing as they are all bodily fluids and how safe is it to live with someone so ill, do we have to take special precautions. i just want to know how to deal with things so i can be strong for my mum and dad .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3869

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement