#254523 - 02/24/11 11:09 PM

Post deleted by staceylynne

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Desperately in need of advice from HIV + new
      #254530 - 02/25/11 10:43 AM

Ok so he doesn't want to see a doctor, therapist, or talk to his family. Refuses to hold a conversation with you and has violent tendencies.

I realize you have "sacrificed" a lot to be with this person, but who are you doing it for? It's easy to feel like a caretaker in this situation to want to help and take care of the burden of a person who is suffering from whatever it may be. From the sounds of it you have fallen into this role instead of being an equal partner in the relationship. Your other half has taken on what I call "the pity me" or victim role. His behavior is in response to you taking on the caretaker role. I am sure he has been doing less for himself since you have been around and if it hasn't started it will soon. He is already directing his anger at you in an attempt to manipulate you to do what he wants which is to take more of a role as his caretaker.

Call me nuts or an ass, its ok, but I believe that this is only gonna turn for the worse more for you than for him. If you want the relationship to work I would suggest a therapist. If he doesn't go then you go without him. I think you will find it very helpful.

Good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1341

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement