Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
lovethesun
New User

Reged: 10/15/10
My boyfriend has HIV, help please?
      #252507 - 10/15/10 05:36 PM

My boyfriend found out about a month ago hes HIV positive. We didn't start going out until about a week ago, so we haven't even kissed yet. I know for a fact that we won't be having sex anytime soon, so that's not a concern. Is there anything I should be worried about, other than supporting him?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mike918
New User

Reged: 10/18/10
Re: My boyfriend has HIV, help please? new
      #252580 - 10/19/10 07:25 PM

first of all don't worry you can't get it from kissing (unless the 2 of you are bleeding from the mouth at the same time) so quit holding out and make out with him already... And as far as sex goes, it's only been a week... you should be giving it time before you hop in the sack with him anyways. As far as support goes... you are taking on a lot assuming you are negitive and he is positive so kuddos to you that you are mature enough to handle and not be scared away. The way my partner supports me is he is always there for me when I want to talk about something... He also helped me with nutrition/ excersing right. The healthier he lives in everyday life, the healthier he will be and the lower his numbers will be. He needs to have less stress in his life and more fun and laughter. When I first found out I had a CD-4 of 792 and a Viral load of 3100. With a few everyday changes (I quit smoking, started eatting better foods, and started doing simple exercises like walking the dogs/ push mowing the yard, also I started going out to the clubs and actually dancing) after 3 months my CD4 count went up to 946 with a viral load of 2100 which is what people with HIV want to happen. CD4 count below 200 is considered Aids and a Viral load below 700 is considered undetectible. Normal range CD4 count for people HIV- is 500-1500. If he hasn't already tell him to contact his local HIV treatment clinic (every major city has one) and have them get a resistant panel, HIV Strain, CD4 count, and Virial load test. He will have to take in the conformation letter from the State that he received when he was diagonosed to get treated. And most HIV treatments will do it for free if he is non-insured.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2262

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement