Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
abitsad

Reged: 12/27/09
husband of 12 yrs positive
      #248904 - 12/27/09 04:12 PM

My regards 2 every1..,
My life changed 11/19/09 when my husband was told he was hiv positive in the ER. We thought he had the flu.., I too was tested & am negative, will retest again in 3 months. A few wks later he became ill & now has Toxoplasmosis(an opportunistic infection) His CD4 was 75 at the time. He's currently on rx for Aids & toxo.., I not only am dealing with the diagnosis but with being ill & him cheating. We've been 2gether since high school so our relationship has had many struggles & i have been aware of cheating on his part. However, i thought cheating was in the past &am torn betwen caring for him, being mad, etc.., I am perplexed and extremely confused. At different points, i am very worried about him dying, our ten yr old daughter(which i will test this wk), him cheating & his depression. I know that with meds he can live a longer life than i expect but is he? I am trying to be supportive/strong but am faced with all different emotions. This forum & website has helped me with a lot of my questions. Writing this is helping me & hope to get any input.

Thank You!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2770

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement