Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fell in love with Poz. dream man
      #23970 - 10/29/01 07:34 PM

I've recently met the man of my dreams, the one I've wanted to get to know for several years but never had the guts to approach. We've been talking now for several weeks and things are getting very close between the two of us. He is H.I.V.+ I am not, I feel in my heart and my soul that this is the person I want to be with for the rest of my life, however the fear of contracting this virus and the possablity of one day losing this great person weigh heavy on my mind. What should I do?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Fell in love with Poz. dream man new
      #23989 - 10/30/01 08:52 AM

you just described what some go a life time hoping for. your love can die of anything, maybe not HIV or AIDS. as for contracting the virus, I have been with the love of my life for 19years, and he has be pos. the entire time, I have been neg. the entire time. don't let fear deprive you of your life, practice safe sex and enjoy your time together. after all is said and done, love and memories is all we have in life.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24088 - 11/01/01 12:52 PM

HIV is not what it used to be. People can live a long long time--You just have to be firm and committed to having protected sex. No ifs and buts. (hopefully he'll be clear about this as well!)
Remember women are 8 times more likely to get HIV from a man then the other way around.
Remember too that a relationship involves more than sex! So if you love him that's crucial and hard to find. It's up to you and how strong you are. Lots of negative women have been with postiive men and not gotten infected. It's very possible. But you cannot waver in your ability to protect yourself!

Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24219 - 11/05/01 10:43 AM

For those living happily in a +/- relationship, were you able to find a community of couples in a similar situation? How about openness and acceptance with other family and friends?...Are there cities/areas you think this is more likely?

learning

Reged: 09/09/04
      #111479 - 09/09/04 11:28 PM

I am in the same position as you ... but I am moving through the fear ... because it's an obstacle ... I want to let it go and love him for every precious moment that we have ... if I live with him ... and love him ... with "what ifs" ... then the energy in dealing with the "what ifs" takes away from ... and is something that's between the love that I have for him ... I want to give him and feel all of his love ... and not have it diminished by the fear of 'what if' ... and if you don't get through that ... then you will forever spend energy on it ... once the choice is made to move through the fear ... it makes so much room to love even more ... that's how I'm trying to handle this situation... take care ...

greeneyes7832

Reged: 08/20/08
Loc: ga
      #241546 - 08/20/08 01:49 PM

DONT LET HIM GO!! I am in the same situation and i will not give up the time that me and him will spend. I look at it as he will live a long time, no one can tell you when ur going to die but god and how long you will live so enjoy the time that you can now

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4673

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement