Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
vasco

Reged: 02/22/08
LOOKING FOR MAGNETS COUPLES TO TEACH ME!
      #237540 - 03/16/08 08:31 AM

Me and my wife are on a kind of magnet relationship...me and my 5weeks daughter are negative and my wife is positive. we find out when she became pregnant last year... but i have done 3test in deferents clinics... the result still come back negative thanks God.
Well we are living away from our country and she cant speak the language...i have decide myself to keep her...we never know what tomorrow brings. am on safe sex and always will...
I hope to hear from all of you. Thanks!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Choosing2Liv
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
Re: LOOKING FOR MAGNETS COUPLES TO TEACH ME! new
      #238095 - 03/28/08 11:31 AM

Hello Vasco-

My wife decided NOT to keep me, so I really can't honestly give you guidance on how magnet couples cope with life. However, I can tell you that your wife is fortunate to have a caring husband like you who loves and accepts her. Feeling loved and accepted is often better than medicine.

You've thanked God that the results for you and your child were negative. I'm sure your wife thanks God daily for blessing her with such a wonderful man in her life.

I commend you for being a REAL spouse!

-Gary

oldwoman
Regular

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
      #238156 - 03/31/08 01:41 PM

Vasco you sound like a very strong and loving person,you're wife and baby are very blessed to have you.You're right,we never know what tomorrow brings.It must be hard for your wife not being able to speak the language,does she have any support groups or friends with HIV that she can talk to?
Terry

vasco

#238157 - 03/31/08 03:19 PM

Hi Terry!
Thanks alot for your reply!
well my we dont live where we both were born. we live in a diferent country.She is working very hard on her english. She has not got any Hiv friend. the only friend she got i think is the nurses at the clinic. Nurse at the clinicth are very,very very nice...They deserve 10 golden medalls.
Once again thanks for ur reply
Take care!

Monchhichi
Regular

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #238225 - 04/03/08 03:56 AM

Vasco, how can I help you? I am happy to answer any questions you have. I am negative and my husband is positive. We have been together going on 11 years. Feel free to private message me if you would like or just throw your questions out on the boards. I am quite sure that even people here that are not in a serdiscordant relationship can answer many of your questions. I try to check this daily. If you send me a PM it emails my regular email and I will know immediately that you sent it if I am home! LOL Start thinking of those questions because I am sure you have plenty. When I got with my husband I couldn't get my questions answered fast enough. I also wasn't lucky enough to have anyone to really help me that was in the same situation as we are in. Looking forward to hearing from you.

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

whocanfigure
Regular

Reged: 09/01/07
      #238245 - 04/04/08 12:32 AM

Gary, your wife was a fool. I can't even imagine how hard this was (is) on you. Always know you are a person of great value. Your positive outlook and support for others is admirable.
Vasco...help your wife, support her, and stay a good man. Don't let her virus make you think any different of her. She is still the woman you love.
Hugs to you all! Bernie

Choosing2Liv
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #238254 - 04/04/08 11:28 AM

Thanks for your kind words Bernie. At first I was worried that my wife's actions and my becoming infected would cause me to grow bitter. However, the opposite has occurred. I've become even more understanding and caring towards others...including my wife.

Frankly, several of HER friends have told me that they don't understand how I can be so supportive (financially and emotionally) of her while she's treating me like crap. The bottom line is that this is MUCH bigger than just the two of us. It's about showing our children, family members and friends that individuals can part ways without being mean spirited towards each other. Hopefully, my wife will realize that one day.

Gary

vasco

#238260 - 04/04/08 03:49 PM

Bernie!
Thanks alot for your advise it makes me feel as a man with a big M. Yeah I guess this is the time she has ever needed support.
Gary! ur wife needs a U turn to you as soon as possible!
YOU PEOPLE HAVE BEEN VERY NICE TO ME.
tHANKS ALOT FOR HAVING YOU ALL!!!!!

whocanfigure
Regular

Reged: 09/01/07
      #238275 - 04/04/08 10:36 PM

Gary, You are a greater person for what you do and how you feel. I am a confirmed believer that negative emotions are wasted energy. Its so much easier to just learn by what happens and move on. Hate and regret are counterproductive. I am proud to be your friend.
Hugs, bernie

vasco

Re: LOOKING FOR MAGNETS COUPLES TO TEACH ME! UPDAT new
      #241685 - 08/28/08 02:54 PM

Before all: I got say thanks to you all that have been there for me, specially MONCHHICH! CHOSING2LIV! WHOCANFIGURE! OLDWOMAN! and more! Today my daughter is six months and 2 weeks today and last week result say she is NEGATIVE so she is free from her mother hiv status and My checkup say I'm negative as well Just my wife on meds....Well I just got lost in translation because my inglish is so bad and go worth bad at this time of joy! I relly want all baby to be away from this in Jesus name AMEM!
Love you all

oldwoman
Regular

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Re: LOOKING FOR MAGNETS COUPLES TO TEACH ME! UPDAT new
      #241720 - 08/30/08 10:46 AM

Good news Vasco,I'm so happy for all of you,I'm sure that worrying about your daughter must have been the worst for you and your wife.
God bless all of you
Terry

vasco

Update!!! LOOKING FOR MAGNETS COUPLES TO TEACH ME! new
      #247896 - 10/08/09 07:30 AM

Thankyou you all for been there for me! ur infomation was very appreciated for me I really tought that the option was to kill myself. when I learned my wife was Hiv but after I have found this website and you Guys...I was kind of cool down...if there's life after Hiv? the answear is a very Big YES..
My daughter is 19 months doing very well and I have got a letter from the Hospital she is Negative and no farther test is required, my hiv test 2 months ago says I am negative.
Well I will always look after my wife with limited and protecte sex or without sex...I will cop with it
Once again thanks you all

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9784

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement