Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

gay safer sex
      #212145 - 10/19/06 06:00 PM

Hi guys, I am into a +/- relationship for a couple of months now, and while I generally feel comfortable with my partner's HIV status (he is the poz) every now and then I still get sick worried. I was thinking we should share experience on safer sex & see what's working for all of us...
So - my scenario, I've decided it's an OK risk to do unprotected insertive oral. All other things are protected /latex + lots of lube/ - receptive oral, insertive anal... we love kissing and I usually have bleeding gums when I brush so that's another thing that worries me. he would sometimes come on my skin and... that's about it. Any of these things sound like too much risk? Any other magnetic relationships out there to share what they find safe? It would feel re-assuring to hear what people in long-term relationships have found to be safe. Any advice on everyday things to watch out for and tips on making it safer are welcome. keep up the good spirits in this forum.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Happy Hippo
Unregistered

Re: gay safer sex new
      #213646 - 11/02/06 04:27 AM

Hi Anon,

I'm in a mixed status hetero relationship, but I think a lot of the anxieties and strategies are the same. I think it sounds as though you're being really safe. For me, as the neg partner, it's much the same - although I'm pretty cool with his status, there are times when it freaks me out a little. I don't use condoms for oral at all, but the condoms come out before any penetrative sex begins. We've been together two years and I recently tested negative - so it's all good so far!
In my opinion the most important thing you can do is keep reassessing what feels okay for you and keep communicating with your partner.
Stay safe! HH

Anonymous
Unregistered

#213806 - 11/04/06 12:45 PM

I also hear that HIV-positive people are more likely to have herpes/herpes outbreaks in their genital areas. Has that been an issue at all with the magnetic couples that have posted here?

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #216452 - 11/30/06 11:50 PM

first of all, I'd like to congratulate you on having safer sex.
Second, the oral has a low to no risk level.
In regards to kissing (even with the occasional bleeding gums) you're probably fine (unless you both are bleeding)

and the cum on the skin? no risk, unless he gets off on an open wound (and yes, scabs DO protect you..thats what they are there for)

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3973

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement