Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

New gay boyfriend is HIV+
      #211380 - 10/11/06 06:52 PM

Just started started seeing a guy who told me he was HIV+ before our relationship went any further. Him being positive is not an issue for me. I just need some advice on what I can expect in the future and what the problems with sex can be????

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: New gay boyfriend is HIV+ new
      #211482 - 10/12/06 04:50 PM

See....you are already making HIV an issue for you. Are you unsure about the future with someone who is HIV positive? Then say so...dont pretend to be ok with it. You guys need to hug and TALK.
There is nothing stopping you from having a great relationship except you.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #211528 - 10/13/06 12:03 AM

sex is such a small part of a relationship... But it can be ass kinky, dirty, & naughty as you want.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#211970 - 10/18/06 05:36 AM

I understand his questions. I myself just started to date a guy who is HIV+ and want to know how to have a great sex life together and not just some short answers that do not help regarding the question.

I would love to share myself with him but with the lack of education from him it can be a problem and thats why I'm out here looking for the correct responce...

It would be great to know the total do's and don'ts to have that healthy dirty and naughty sex that you stated in your responce.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#212051 - 10/18/06 09:49 PM

I think your concerns are valid, but more valid is the feeling that you have for each other. Love your partner! So, why do we have to think too much in the future? Life is a present tense, there is nothing else further today!
Be responsible one each other, and stay well!

RevAnn
Guru

Reged: 08/17/06
Loc: fort myers, florida
      #212092 - 10/19/06 06:00 AM

Hon I am in a hetero relationship, but we are both poz. I will tell you to invest in toys and lots of condoms!

As far as the education part, ask your questions and we will anwser. You can also go to any ASO office and ask to speak to someone and they will help also.

Ultimately it is up to you. You both should use creativity and imagination; that's what will lead you to the healthy dirty, naughty, raunchy and satisfying sex!

Good luck and I hope this helps,
Ann

--------------------
Namu-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Anonymous
Unregistered

#212150 - 10/19/06 06:47 PM

I think it is important to educate yourself about HIV and how it works. It's great that you say it is not an issue, but keeping yourself safe at the same time is important for your protection. Sure go out there and get some advise, but the best thing you can do is educate yourself about it then you can make informed judgement calls so to speak. HIV is passed on through blood, so for example both of you will be doing a lot of kissing, he needs to make sure and you need to make sure he has healthy gums for example, yes use condoms, is his viral load undetectable, if it is they say chances of being infected are less but most importantly condoms are the best protection, and keeping well informed on the subject is also your best protection. If problems arise in the future then you are better equiped to handle them.... hope this helps....

KGJR65
Unregistered

#212151 - 10/19/06 06:54 PM

Dude just be absolutely safe no matter what! You can have great sex despite this, and what really matters is the kissing, hugging, embracing and feelings for eachother. He should also get routime aids tests.

nazek

Reged: 10/10/06
Loc: ohio
      #212395 - 10/22/06 03:57 PM

hey make sure you educate yourself first and use your condoms and they also have flavored condoms too and believe me you can still enjoy sex but only safe sex so you can be protected, good luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#213849 - 11/05/06 02:01 PM

I also just started seeing a guy who is HIV+. I'm in week two of meeting him and things are going so well but I'm also so new to this and trying to find what was mentioned as a "checklist" of sorts. Which ways can we have sex and which ones should we avoid.

So far, I have received oral from him, but i'm wondering if I should avoid giving him oral.

as well as nine million other scenarios

Anonymous
Unregistered

#214848 - 11/18/06 02:47 AM

Check out the SF City Clinic website, a great site with lots of useful info. This links to a risk chart for various sex acts

http://www.dph.sf.ca.us/sfcityclinic/stdbasics/stdchart.asp

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8368

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement