Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
PozNRG

Reged: 10/10/06
Loc: WA
Calling all poz partners in +/- relationships.....
      #211285 - 10/10/06 06:57 PM

To all Poz partners,... does your nervousness about getting infected ever go away? Does it ever fade? Disappear? Is there ever a level or point that you reach that is comfortable, and at ease?
My poz partner is beside himself. How have you effectively dealt with this longterm?
Thanks,
PozNRG

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FJK

Reged: 10/12/06
Re: Calling all poz partners in +/- relationships..... new
      #211449 - 10/12/06 09:59 AM

After losing my wife and later on, a long-term girlfriend to AIDS related complications I figured I'd just let the old relationship aspect of my life slide. But eventually I fell in love and remarried. My wife is negative and we talked about my status before we hooked up. I had a distinct advantage; my wife's from New Jersey, so a little thing like HIV was not going to scare her off. The most important thing for me is to stay as healthy as I possibly can (diet, exercise, all that jazz). I never miss a med dose which has kept my viral load non-detectable for the past few years. A non-dectable viral load reduces the risk of transmission as does proper use of condoms (studies show condom use is 98% effective in preventing transmission). The combination of these two factors allows us to enjoy a satisfying sex life.

larascals69
Unregistered

#211477 - 10/12/06 03:13 PM

Im poz for 7 yrs partner neg . the worry for his safety never goes away. we have flipped roles as top/bottom to minimize his chance of exposure as i couldnt top well w/condoms It has been a longtyme to get comfortable w new roles. Howver when Im nd on vl i top him again w glee. open communication w partner is essentail for u 2 to work this out

Anonymous
Unregistered

#211508 - 10/12/06 09:26 PM

I have a mental checklist that I perform daily...its called my extra LEG Living, Embracing and Giving (LEG) "life in the moment". I've been positive for 14 years, and the thought of being positive and living with HIV does not go away...however, my ability to face with what I have and take life daily and be aware of those around me who may or may not know their status helps me (check myself emotionally and physically)understand the need not to expose others in unsafe situations. It brings a new light to the saying "Better Safe than Sorry". Also encouragment that life doesn't stop with your diagonosis...life is to short not to be able to offer your abilities to your community.

PozNRG

Thank you new
      #211583 - 10/13/06 03:00 PM

Thank you for your response. I love this website/forum. It's so nice to talk to people who have this & understand.

PozNRG

I love it! new
      #211584 - 10/13/06 03:04 PM

It was especially nice to read your post. It gives me hope for me & my neg. someone. If he chooses to embrace this. I just hope that his nervousness subsides.

PozNRG

Agreed new
      #211585 - 10/13/06 03:06 PM

Communication is key. And me & the guy that I have been dating have failed the past month miserably. It's hard though when you're the only one wanting to communicate.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Calling all poz partners in +/- relationships. new
      #211615 - 10/14/06 01:55 AM

I think you accidentaly put calling all Poz partners when you meant Neg. partners. Funny =)

Marcus_Jeff

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: Richardson, Texas, 75081 U.S.A
Re: Calling all poz partners in +/- relationships. new
      #213672 - 11/02/06 04:01 PM

[quote]I think you accidentaly put calling all Poz partners when you meant Neg. partners. Funny =) [/quote]
\
Actually I think it is quite rude. People come to this site for support and not to have someone correct them. If you know what he is talking about then shut up and move on

--------------------
if we are not truly ourselves then how do we live. -- Jarett Jenkins

Marcus_Jeff

Reged: 11/02/06
Loc: Richardson, Texas, 75081 U.S.A
Re: I love it! new
      #213673 - 11/02/06 04:02 PM

[quote]It was especially nice to read your post. It gives me hope for me & my neg. someone. If he chooses to embrace this. I just hope that his nervousness subsides. [/quote]

It will honey you jsut have to give him time. He will love you for who you are not for the sex you offer.

--------------------
if we are not truly ourselves then how do we live. -- Jarett Jenkins

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8033

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement