Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
youngjock

Reged: 07/02/06
Split up for 8 months Now lover is HIv Positive
      #198573 - 07/02/06 11:14 AM

Hello everyone. i just needed someone to talk to. i was recently told by my lover of 5 years that he was diagnosed as hiv positive. He pretty much told me that it was me that gave him the virus. I have been tested for hiv and i am negative. we did have unprotected sex regularly for the five years. and my tests are negative. We have been split up and in different states for the last 8 months. I have not seen him only talk to him over the phone. Im scared for myself and for both of us. I tried to comfort him over the phone but its kind of hard me being so far away. I did my part as far as trying to comfort him and promising to go get myself tested to make sure that i didnt give him anything. LIke i said i did go get tested twice and both times my test came back negative. what do i do now???? i did have intention on trying to work the relationship out and possible us getting back together. however im kind of concerned??? was he already positive????? did he meet someone else and contract hiv while we are not togther???? he informed me that he was been having problems and been going to the docotor but kept me in the dark about it these last few months. i had no clue he was having any problems. he informed me has is having a bloody stool. its all not makins sense to me. im really not sure if he is just playing a mind game with me??? is this real??? he is living with his first love , honestly i have always had trust issues but inspite of all that i still love him and want to do the right thing. I really dont know how to approach things. I mean i want to give him all the support i can, and really i trully love him. i have begged him to move where i am before i found out about the diagnosis and he refused to move. Im just confused. need some advice. also since i did test negative am i ok??? how is it that im negative and he is now positive??????? . hope to hear from some of you soon. :)))

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: Split up for 8 months Now lover is HIv Positive new
      #198596 - 07/02/06 03:23 PM

i replied in gay forums for you..

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Split up for 8 months Now lover is HIv Positive new
      #198624 - 07/02/06 09:19 PM

How is it that your are negative and he isn't? Exposure doesn't automatically mean infection.

You may be very correct, in your assumption that he had something going on the side. While exposure doesn't equal infection, 5 years of unprotected sex and you aren't infected is more than luck. He probably has been infected that long.

Be glad your are negative. Protect your health. Which means if you and he do get back together. Use condoms everytime.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4445

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement