Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Wannakiss
Unregistered

Met great guy, who's HIV+, wisdom needed please
      #193222 - 05/26/06 04:19 AM

I'm a gal who met a guy who's HIV pos, about a month ago, and we had affinity at once. We make eachother laugh, and we talk openly and I'm nutbars about him. This is personal, we've kissed, that was niccccee, and next we'll "do it", I just want to be a strong enough person, to take this beautiful man into my life. Trying to take it slow. We really get eachother. He's deep, he's strong, he's funny, and when he smiles at me, I think he knows what I'm thinking. I want to be closer to him physically, I've read alot about HIV, I want to hear from PEOPLE, so my emotional side will stop being anxious, I just want to "be" with him, we've done totally non-contact but enjoyable stuff, IS IT OKAY? CAN WE HAVE SEX? IS IT SAFE? The bigger gamble for me, is love.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #193234 - 05/26/06 09:07 AM

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
Re: Met great guy, who's HIV+, wisdom needed please new
      #193250 - 05/26/06 10:09 AM

Hey man-

You may have written this post TO someone else, but it was FOR me (and my bride). My wife cried last night for about an hour, laminating over how I have ruined our sex life forever. When she is a little more receptive, I will definitely share this post with her.

Thank you VERY much!
-G

Jenni
Master

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #193347 - 05/26/06 08:55 PM

It couldn't have been said better. *applause*

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

Wannakiss
Unregistered

#193516 - 05/29/06 03:33 AM

Dear AIDS2HIV, I am unable to PM you, perhaps you could PM me? I have some questions about the responsibility of not breaking his heart and not getting my heart broken. These things are holding me back. The other night, he said that he felt alive for the first time in a long time, it made me feel good, but I think I thought too deeply about it. The beginnings of like to love is confusing. I really like him, how should I take what he said? I have empathy. I've been through, and am not out of it yet, with cancer. Any calming words? I don't want to blow it.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #193528 - 05/29/06 09:32 AM

wanakiss.......... in order send a private message you have to register.....once you have a nickname and a password to sign in with, you may send private messages to other registered users.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #196306 - 06/16/06 07:04 AM

WK,

You are an awesome person to want to find out what you can or can't do!! I applaude you for that. Because by doing so, you are a bigger person than the ones who just run away at the mere whisper of HIV.

Just follow A2H's advice, because it's the best laid out response.

Follow your heart too. If you really like this guy, just know that having sex with him (protected of course!) will be all that you expected (anticipated!).

Check this portion of The Body's help forums: http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/MagneticCouples/index.html

That should give you some insight on your questions.

Good luck!

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Libertad
Unregistered

#196537 - 06/17/06 10:21 PM

Hi... i've just read your post (yes, i know it was posted some time ago, but... ) and i do have a wonderful man in my life, too (who happens to be hiv+, too)! We've been together for almost 3 years now... so, i've (we've) been learning a lot of this thing they call "mixed-status relationship".
So, if you need someone to talk to... (sometimes i do, too) magnetically_in_love@yahoo.com <-- that's my mail address, feel free to contact me =)

moonstarchild
Guardian

Reged: 02/28/06
      #198121 - 06/28/06 06:27 PM

First thing, it was so cool of youto post this on my birthday. I know that it was some time ago and I am so so late, but I have to say BRAVA!!!! You are one of the brave ones who have found love in spite of HIV/AIDS. I too found love. I lost him 9 months ago to AIDS. He was truly my soulmate. He too could just look at me and know all my thoughts. I miss him very much but I would not change one simgle thing with him. I would do it all over agin. You can love in spite of ot all.

When we met I was neg. I still chose to be with him. I became poz later on. I know that you are scared, but it will be okay. If you need to talk PM.

--------------------
HIV is a part of me, but it does not define me!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6603

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement