Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trying to heal from being hurt so badly
      #177244 - 02/25/06 08:02 PM

I went to visit my husband in treatment today and it is amazing how much better he looks. He obviously is getting healthier and is going to be around for years more. I am very happy about that. we talked about what had happened and he said he had never accepted being positive. He just hadn't realized it fully. I told him I can, will forgive him, and I can not accept the drug use. He said he is willing to stay in treatment for as long as it takes to get more stable. I think we can have another chance together. I'm not certain how my family will accept it, I think that is going to be very difficult. The addicts in my family understand more than my non-addicts. I have some fear the coldness of them will push him back out to dope.

One of my sisters is so afraid of hiv that she doesn't want to come to my home, and some people have said I will come visit you but I will not use your bathroom. Ignorant I know. I have tried to educate them and they do not want to listen. Some of the reaction is anger that he wasn't honest with me. That is understandable but actually their non-acceptance is making it more difficult for me. how can i go to holiday functions? How do I tell him they are feeling this way?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
Re: Trying to heal from being hurt so badly new
      #177248 - 02/25/06 09:06 PM

take it one day at a time.... you have taken on such a huge responsibility. i admire your strength. don't let the coldness from anyone surround you or your husband. surround yourself with love, peace & inspiration. whether people come to visit or not, keep your house a home for you & yours. if they don't want to use the bathroom, dig them a hole in the yard that's for neg's. you don't know what kind of germs they may have... LOL! you could sit and think about all the what if's and the other possibilities, but no one knows what tomorrow brings. you can't keep living with the past. keep it behind you and look to the future. it's only as bright as you make it.

Marjorie

Reged: 02/25/06
      #177256 - 02/25/06 11:08 PM

Just hang in there. People will come to learn after awhile. Our son passed on Thanksgiving Day, last year. He lasted 13+ years after finding out he was "positive". He had his ups and downs over the years, but the good times out-weighed the bad times 1000 times fold. In those 13 years that we had him with us, we had birthday parties, Christmas's, every imaginable holiday you could think of. A lot of those celebrations were in "his home" and yes, we used "his bathroom". None of his family or friends were "afraid" to be around him and they let him know that. Positive attitudes, by your husbands family and friends mean a lot! Trust me!

--------------------
Please stop by and visit our website.

http://www.virtualaidscollage.com/

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177267 - 02/26/06 01:34 AM

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry that your son was succumbed to the illness, however I am so grateful that your lives were so blessed and full for his time here on this planet earth. I too, have had a lot of losses, 2 brothers, one sister just this past september, my father the year before and my husband who has been positive for over 20 years, of course I am still dealing with this since I only found out December that he had AIDS. He's getting healthier now, and I do indeed love him so much. I hope with meds he will continue in life and health for many more years to come. I will make this our home, full of people who are supportive of the both of us. I am checking out your visual aids gallery, it is beautiful.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177268 - 02/26/06 01:42 AM

Maybe I could say that the next time that person says such a silly thing, I'll just say Oh, you don't have to use my bathroom I've got a hole dug in the back yard, or you can pee in a golden cup, your blank may be made out of gold, ha ha ha.

You know what goes around comes around. God is a just God.

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #177278 - 02/26/06 09:41 AM

THERE YOU GO!! make sure to plant something around the hole!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4522

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement