Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How did I seroconvert?
      #17702 - 05/03/01 03:59 PM

I was negative with a positive partner. After a year of ALWAYS having safe sex I now find myself positive. It was shocking, because I know that before this relationship I had safe sex with many positive men and was always OK. Some of the possible mistakes we made:
- using spit for lube
- oral sex without protection
- swtiching back and forth from top to bottom without washing hands before applying a condom

I just wanted to put this info out there to reinforce the fact that you have to be really, really careful when your partner is positive - just using a condom every time is not enough.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: How did I seroconvert? new
      #17739 - 05/07/01 01:55 PM

hey, my partern is also + and we always have safe sex, but sometimes i wonder if i can get infected by doing those things that you mention. I'd really apretiate if you get in touch with me wildberies@yahoo.com (if you want), so i can ask you more questions about this. The only thing that i always have in my head is how to be safe without loosing tenderness and compasion. Thank you. PAEH

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: positive from oral sex new
      #17767 - 05/09/01 10:29 AM

We always hear about how "safe" oral sex is don't we? Well, it's not. I am HIV + from ONE, SINGLE ORAL ENCOUNTER!! Bad luck and stupidity on my part. It was anonymous, unprotected. But if it can happen to me it can happen to you too

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17949 - 05/22/01 10:06 PM

i have many many questions and was wondering if it is not to troubeling for if you could fill me in on a few things

please im very worried about my brother inlaw,husband and myself as they used needles years ago...and now my inlaw is +

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18135 - 05/31/01 06:34 PM

Read the past questions on this forum and you will probably find your answer. Also check www.about.com for the health and fitness category, another source for questions is www.aidsmeds.com try looking there and call the closest aids support center in your area. If there is not one in your town there will be one in a large city close to you.

poz_guy
Unregistered

Re: How did I seroconvert? new
      #35115 - 06/02/02 11:21 PM

I'm curious about how you got it. Did you suck your poz partner's dick without a condom? You may have gotten it from his precum. It's also possible that his spit may have the HIV - not a good lube. As for not washing hands between "switching," that's also possible. Was your partner's viral load undetectable (<50 copies/ml) the whole time? Thanks for sharing your story. Good luck with dealing with the virus, we're all here to comfort and look out for each other...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6094

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement