Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Husband is bisexual
      #16757 - 03/19/01 04:16 PM

Recently I found out that my husband is bisexual and has acted bisexually [as in mutual masterbation oral sex and watching other men have sex] for quite a while. I only found out that he is bisexual when he found out he has HIV. I don't know what to do now. I think I still love him but I'm so angry I can't stand it. We have been married for 10 years and have a beautiful baby girl and were planning on getting pregnant this year with our next child.
I've been reading about treatment and it seems like he may be able to keep from getting sick for a long time but I don't know if I want to deal with this. He has said he is sorry but that's it he is goingon his way living his life like he always has but he says he is no longer acting bisexually. I am hurting so bad! I would think that if you did something this bad to your wife you would be trying to make sure she knows you really love her. Not my husband! He screws around, dis's me, and he can't even be bothered to remind me that he loves me, spend any extra time with me, or do any extras for me that might make me feel better or make me want to keep him. Why can't he see that I need a lot of TLC now???
My big question tho is to other men who are married and bisexual. Could you keep your marriage to gether, be happy with your wife and NEVER ACT AS A BISEXUAL AGAIN? Is it possible?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Husband is bisexual new
      #17331 - 04/11/01 12:35 PM

Hi,

I'm not a bisexual man, but from your post it sounds like your husbands biggest problem is not his bisexuality. Or HIV. Excuse me for saying that, but the guy sounds like an insensitive jerk. Even if he keeps his promise do you think you'll be satisfied with this relationship? Maybe it's time for you to consider some family counseling. If your husband doesn't want to deal with your feelings, counseling might really help. And it will give you an opportunity to sort out YOUR needs. Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34204 - 05/12/02 05:10 AM

If you still want to talk to someone about this, please let me know. I am in a similiar situation, only I knew of my husbands bisexuality before I married him. Would love to talk to you.

memyselfandI

Reged: 08/21/02
      #38615 - 08/22/02 12:23 AM

I have a similar situation going on right now. The original post was from 3/01 but the last post was 5/02. Is anyone still out there?

richardbpc
Unregistered

#99051 - 05/23/04 08:38 PM

Trebloon Publications P.O. Box 156 Lawrence, New York 11559

For Immediate Release. . .
Contact Jodi Brodsky tel 516-432-8520 fax 516-432-8292
website www.trebloon.com E-mail richardbpc@aol.com

MARRIED TO AN HIV + brain cancer, marathon running author
JODI'S STORY

Five years ago my husband Richard rocked my seemingly perfect world. In a moment he confessed that he was unfaithful, bisexual and HIV positive. I cried and I could only think this was a nightmare and I would soon awake. My architect, marathon-running husband had BETRAYED me. We had everything to live for. I loved my husband and our three daughters and could not imagine my life without him. I know Richard loves me and he even wrote a book titled, Jodi, The Greatest Love Story Ever Told, and honored me by placing my photo on the cover. Every time I see myself on the cover I realize I have something that few women have; a love story in which a husband professes and chronicles his eternal love to his wife. Richard and I discussed whether our story should be told and we, our girls included, decided that there was a potential to save many lives by going public. Richard and I had always run marathons and Richard ran his fastest marathon as an HIV positive man. We believe that HIV+ people could live healthy, productive lives if they could just get the AIDS medicine, lead a healthy lifestyle, and be surrounded by a loving family. Any shame or humiliation brought upon my family by our going public would be a small price to pay if our story could help AIDS sufferers and their families. 3,000,000 people are dying from AIDS each year. Millions of orphaned children are growing up without the love and affection of their parents. This is undeniably wrong.

Richard's and my commitment for our story to reach as many people as possible led us to arrange a two-month, 14,000-mile book tour. Richard never complained the cross-country trip was too grueling. He was so excited to share experiences of how well his story was being received. Back home I had to deal with relatives, both his and mine, who blamed me for allowing Richard to write such a book. SCARRED, scarred for life, our daughters would be; the relatives concurred. These were troubling times for me and I wished that Richard was home with me. We had never been apart before. The only good moments I could really enjoy were during my visits with Richard in San Diego and Atlanta. Finally Richard arrived home and the girls and I were thrilled to have our family together. The very next day Richard had a seizure and shortly after was diagnosed with brain cancer. His doctors gave him 2 to 4 years to live; we sobbed bitterly. We were determined to live each moment to the fullest, not just smell the roses, inhale them. Our rose garden is now in full bloom as we celebrate our daughter Peri's graduating from high school and being voted, Most Likely to Succeed.

Richard and I had been running marathons even before he was diagnosed HIV positive. Richard and his brain oncologist decided he could continue running marathons even though he had brain cancer. Our daughter Hillary, and I, and his oncologist will be joining Richard for the 2003 New York City Marathon. For me it's my eleventh marathon, but for Hillary it's her first. She wants to give her Dad all the support she can. As I see it, Richard's and my path through life may not be a stroll through a rose garden, but I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world. Richard and I look forward to growing old together. Please pray for Richard and my family.

amberluv313
Unregistered

#111453 - 09/09/04 01:31 PM

We were high school sweet hearts. Best friends two years before we dated. We had everything a great sex life, engaged, I never thought in my wildest dreams this would happen. When he told me my heart shatterd. How could he want men too? Why am I not enough? What could I change? I feel like this is a bad dream and I wish someone would just wake me up. He told me months ago and I still feel as angry and betrayed as that day. Lying in bed next to him every night kills my heart. I can't go on living with him wondering why why why. Are these men just that horny they want to bang everyone???????????

AllAlone
Unregistered

#159658 - 09/07/05 04:37 PM

I know these posts were from a few years ago, but I recently found out my husband had an affair with a man. He says it was about five years ago, but I found out because I found him chatting and e-mailing people on the net. I also found out he was about to meet a man and a woman he talked to on the net. He says he doesn't know why he did it, but I feel like there's something wrong with me and I have to fix it. He also says he wants to stay with me, but who's to say a few years down the road he won't want to be with someone else if he has these feelings now? I really need to talk to someone who's been through something like this, if there is anyone out there....

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159730 - 09/08/05 07:34 PM

Hi, my husband, now ex had an affair with a man, caught hiv and almost gave it to me. Do you have a private e-mail?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#160426 - 09/21/05 10:29 PM

Hello,

I am in a similiar situation. 7 years ago my husband admitted to me tha the was bisexual and was having an affair with another married man. My world was shattered, to say the least. I was 6 months pregnant with our second child......I've never been the same again. How do you ever trust him again??? We went to coounselling and that helped for a little while, but I could never get images out of my head. Every time we made love together, I imagined him in bed with another man. He always tried to have anal sex with me - he said it was "tighter" for him (because I have had 3 children). He said that most men liked to have anal sex...Is that true?
Anyway, recently I've found out that he is chatting online with men again (of course he denies it). What will I do? Please someone help me.....I don't want to live anymore

Anonymous
Unregistered

#168222 - 12/30/05 05:56 PM

My partner told me that he was bi before we set our date to get married, we had lived together for 3 years before that and at only 21 i didnt really know how that would change things. so i thought i locked it away. Now 12 years on i have left him, we had a son and that changed my whole outlook, i couldnt show my son that i would just 'put up with life'. I had an affair with a very hetro man and made sure he found out, which wasnt the best thing to do! After 1 year of living on my own after 16 years with him and finding out he has since had many men, i actually think he is gay and used me as a cover story. I am still realising that his sexality controlled my life, i never felt good enough and i am starting to sort myself out. My 3 year old son reminds me of the good things i had. the worst is i still love my ex husband. Life goes on and can only get better when you start at the bottom.

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #198499 - 07/01/06 12:39 PM

Oh boy...I have to pray about this!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198743 - 07/03/06 10:18 PM

It's a good thing this poster was looking for answers 2 years ago. You are no help Sadface. Go drink your martini and figure out why you cheated on you husband with two seperate men. If you gotta pray. Start with yourself. You need all the help you can get.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#199365 - 07/09/06 06:47 PM

I think bisexual men are truly gay, they are just confused and are still in the closet. To all those women married or living with bisexual men don't waste your precious time, their homosexual feelings will always be there. You deserve a real man, and to be happy without the worry.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#223652 - 01/23/07 01:09 PM

I feel linked with you. I met "him" in 91 married in 92 had our son in 93 and daughter 94 I also "knew" he lived with his man for almost a year prior to us meeting. He assured me he was on the other side of the fence. now I realize he was never on my side. he is always on the net, he says he doesn't know why or he was just playing (arranging to meet someone) I have decided to not _______anymore I discovered he had an affair after we moved to another state (he thought i'd never find out) this happened 4 years ago. I know his man died of aids in 95. I don't want to die of aids. We just moved home (about 6 months ago.) I will be alone............

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22601

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement