Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

my best friend just told me he is hiv positive
      #161834 - 10/14/05 12:01 AM

what should I do to make him feel that I care really and find out more info on this disease

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jenn
Regular

Reged: 09/14/05
Re: my best friend just told me he is hiv positive new
      #161836 - 10/14/05 12:36 AM

You should say to him "That's like having diabetes in this era! I would love to help you as you and your doctor set up how to manage it!" Don't act SHOCKED.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161842 - 10/14/05 05:56 AM

that shows already, just let him see that, visit a AIDS clinic and talk to a HIV counselour, they can give you go advice, of course you can find alot of advice here. the fact that you are here asking for help, shows already your willingness to be by your friend, and be of help and support.
good for you!

daisey6205
Veteran

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #161848 - 10/14/05 09:55 AM

let him know that just because he has hiv does not make him any different. it does not change the person he is. try not to get your feelings hurt if he pushes you away. everyone has thier own way of daling. my husband tried to push me away, but i am so aggressive....i pushed myself closer to him. now that i am also +, we have a much better relationship, because we understand what each other is going through. i am not saying to run out and get hiv, but learn what you can from others experiences and research, so you both know what to expect from the disease. if he gets to that point where he thinks it is a death sentence you can tell him as my doctor told me..... the chances of you dying from hiv are alot less than they are of dying from something else. hiv is managable with good health, exercise, and later medication. people are living alot longer now and eventually even longer. science changes evryday and better meds will soon be available and hopefully a cure is within reach.
educate yourself and your friend. if you have questions don't be afraid to ask. yes some of us are sarcastic to worried12, who thinks he can get hiv from mastyrbating with panties, but on the norn we are genuine and always here to help.
daisey

shadow1
Veteran

Reged: 12/06/00
      #161852 - 10/14/05 10:35 AM

Don't do anything different, if he is your best friend you 2 have always been there for each other. The key is to just be there when in need and not hiding because he is HIV+.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161855 - 10/14/05 11:07 AM

Hello, I am in a discordant relationship. Did you get it from your husband using a condom? I am nervous now from your post...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161856 - 10/14/05 11:08 AM

Not according to the people who have hiv on aidsmeds.com. They say it is terrible to live with....

daisey6205
Veteran

Reged: 09/08/05
Loc: kansas
      #161857 - 10/14/05 11:27 AM

are you asking me if i got it from my husband or someone else? i guess what i am trying to say is, is your question for daisey or who?
if it is for me, my husband and i did not know he had hiv until 2-3 weeks before we were married and if he had not have been going to iraq we would not have known then. he is not in iraq, so i guess i am lucky in that aspect. by the time we found out he had it, 3 months later we found out i had it. i tested when we first found out and i was negative, but after having to wait the window period we found out he had infected me also. at that time we never dreamed we needed to use condoms, obviously you can never be too careful, because when you think someone is negative and never think about hiv, it will crawl up your ass and bite you in the butt. such as life i suppose. my hubbie found out in june and i found out in september.
if you are practicing safe sex, then you do not have anything to worry about. sorry if i upset you or worried you. that was never my intention.
keep it safe!
daisey

jenn
Regular

Reged: 09/14/05
      #162465 - 10/21/05 10:32 PM

Since many people with HIV are living well, it might be a good idea to be positive about the future.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5904

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement