Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

My brother has HIV
      #156627 - 06/28/05 12:25 AM

I just attended a funeral last Saturday in state New Jersey after 5 to 7yrs years not seeing my brother........He appeared front of me shell of person.........He stated he had HIV diagnosed 2005......He moved from Georgia to North Carolina small town limited resources appox next town 45mons to hour away......I am social worker in New Jersey began call local agencies that Monday .... plus Duke Unioversity Law Project for assistance b/c denial disability...Really concern my brother stretching medication for August appoint taking one pill a day instead recommended 2 pills........I explain everyone in that agency concern lack family support in that area livng a lone,no phone,weak etc.........I spoke him briefly explaining nutrition important actually wrote few items down ,, I gave family member 50.00 to assiatnce him picking up groceries ....I remember him telling me there was no fan or airconditoner, refrigerator do not keep food cold...I was able buy him a remote fan(surprise) no clue place in car for his return back home...contacting relative that able to give Air conditioner... plus working on getting refrigerator..I feel helpless b/c case manager does not mean same NY/NJ area helping benefits,meds,transportation,meal on wheels, rental assistance,clothing,.........I will speak with him on Wednesday when he gets a phone options either go house that could offer services in Raleigh,North Carolina(meds,tx,transp,food etc) or inviting my brother come to live with me New Jersey....I am going send care package tomorrow items unable to buy on food stamps...My brother began payments on truck 600.00 on SUV monthly when working now unemployed too weak work right now could he give back the vehicle to 1.finance company 2. get someone take over payment 3. voluntary Reposs...that part North Carolina no tranp. or taxi services available everything nearly 30mins to local staore

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My brother has HIV new
      #156628 - 06/28/05 12:42 AM

I left out family members in that town does not aware of his status........................

river
Expert

Reged: 03/05/05
      #156682 - 06/29/05 07:25 PM

My heart goes out to you and your bro. It sounds like he's got so much to deal with and without anyone to help it's so easy to give up especially when one is already in a weakened state. You mentioned the possibility of him moving in with you , well considering all the help he needs that sounds like the best choice. People that live alone tend to neglect themselves , and thats the healthy ones..If you and your family feel capable in handling his situation in your home then go for it. But it will be adding a burden. But when it comes to loving somebody that burden is accepted with knowledge. I know a young girl that cannot drive right now due to multiple strokes and was able to talk to dealership about her disability paying for her payments. There are many available assistance programs but I can only speak for jersey, which I understand is where you live. I have found that one must be proactive in ones care and/or have someone fighting for your rights. There is no reason for him to be denied disability but the system does that to discourage . Its unfair but its like that with the system. I dont know where in jersey you live but a lawyer can make a big difference and if successful it would mean retroactive from when claim was first started. It's a tough road at first but well worth the fight. After all isn't that what familys are for , to give love and support. I hope the best for him and for your endeavors. Please stay in touch. flogeo@comcast.net I will keep yous in my prayers. And if ever you need to vent fustration or guidance I'm here for you. You and your brother need not fight this fight alone. I wish I could make it all better for all with a blink of an eye but in reality all I can do is offer a shoulder to lean on and big time prayers. Hopefully I'll hear from you if not thats ok but know I care very much for you and yours....Flo aka river

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157114 - 07/12/05 08:14 AM

contact the triad health project 336-275-1654
they are in greensboro nc .. about 45 minutes from Raleigh
they are great and offer alot of help

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3111

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement