Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
posneg

Reged: 06/22/05
what is sperm washing???
      #156625 - 06/27/05 10:56 PM

if anyone has read any of my other post, you will see im new to this. my bf of 2yrs. is +, we recently found out. we are both very scared of what the future holds for us both. before we found this out, we were planning on getting married, having children and living happily ever after. this has been and is extremly hard to deal with. i love my boyfriend with every inch of my heart, and still would love to have the happily ever after. i have been seeing sperm washing brought up a little, and was wondering if anyone could clue me in as to where on the east coast this is done, how expensive is it, and any other stories anyone can share with me. its a great help to know other people are in our situation!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
river
Expert

Reged: 03/05/05
Re: what is sperm washing??? new
      #156683 - 06/29/05 07:34 PM

I really don't know about this sperm washing stuff but I do know that you can still fulfill your dreams. I'm glad that your looking for any and all information. Thats so important. Knowledge is powerful. Perhaps you could seek the section " ask the experts. and when you find out please let us know. Till then take care and God Bless

London Calling
Unregistered

#157427 - 07/18/05 11:47 AM

Hi There

You came to the right place for information. My dh has been +ve for 11 years. We met just a few months after he was diagnosed. Well, 10 years later we are the proud parents of a beautiful son who is now 2. We live in the UK where sperm washing has been available for about 5 years. Basically, it is like conventional fertility treatment, but very simple. Because the virus is present in the seminal fluid and NOT the sperm, they have come up with a way of 'washing' the semen to get rid of the virus. Then the female partner has IUI (intrauterine insemination) and you wait and find out if you are pregnant. There is a slight slight risk that the HIV is still present, but tests are done prior to the insemination to determine if it is still present. It sounds simple enough but it can be a long and distressing process - there is no guarantee you will get pg. As I live in the UK, I don't know exactly where it is available in the US but I think maybe Boston and Harvard have places. And it is not cheap. Good luck. If this is what you want, it is a tremendous journey with the possibility of probably the most amazing outcome.

LARYOM

Reged: 04/15/05
      #157672 - 07/23/05 04:07 PM

Hi posneg,
I just want you to know you are not alone in this.I'm a -ve woman married to +ve man for 2yrs now.We are planning sperm washing and we have gone long in the process.
It's somewhere in Maryland in the states.You can get intouch with me to give you their full details.
I wish you the best of luck in your relationship and you have to be very strong for your man.
Have a nice future.

posneg

Reged: 06/22/05
      #157674 - 07/23/05 04:10 PM

hi thanks for your reply, we live not very far from maryland, so i would very much like any info you have !!!

LARYOM

Reged: 04/15/05
      #157949 - 07/30/05 06:00 PM

Hi London calling,
Can you pls give me the names of the clinic that does sperm washing in the U.K?Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159490 - 09/02/05 10:44 PM

I just found out that my husband is + and I am - and we have been trying to have a baby for 4 years. This has made our road a little harder, but there are places. There is the Duncan Holly Biomedical center. They seem to be the most up to date and luckily it sounds like you are close to them. Hope that helps and best of luck to you.

London Calling
Unregistered

#171673 - 01/26/06 05:32 AM

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London is where I went.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7998

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement