Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
bakswanna
Unregistered

husband diagnosed with AIDS
      #138673 - 03/17/05 05:34 AM

This must have been the hardest week of my life. I just returned from a trip back to America (I live in Thailand), and wasn't home but only two days when my husband went into a siezure. We got him to the hospital, and first they thought he was a drug addict. The next day, when no drugs were obviously found in his system, the doctor asked me if I would allow them to preform an HIV test on him. Also thinking it would come back negitive, I agreed. Six hours later, the doctor called me in to tell me that my world was falling apart. He, in fact, is positive. Now I have learned that toxoplasmosis caused the seizure and that he have AIDS, not HIV. I've been tested, but am too scared to listen to the results. I am too scared to tell anyone, and I feel alone. He is my husband, he has AIDS and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I am so scared. If anyone can help me, I need it. Thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ang89
Regular

Reged: 12/24/04
Re: husband diagnosed with AIDS new
      #139357 - 03/29/05 10:24 AM

Hang in there girl, You will both get through this. The meds are really good these days. There is tons of options for you both. I know its depressing, but hang in there.
Angela

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139366 - 03/29/05 05:37 PM

Please just hang in there. I found out my husband was HIV positive several months ago and the first three months for me were like an emotional roller coaster ride. The best decision I made to help keep me sane was to decide to take it one day at a time but not to make any huge life-changing decisions for at least one year.

The first month was absolutely horrible. Your emotions will run the full gamut. You most likely will cary on in front of others as if nothing is going on and inside you will be sick to your stomach. If you're like me, you will be angry, sad, uncertain, hopeful, torn up, etc. It is very difficult to get work done or even concentrate on anything anyone is saying or doing. This is okay.

I, too, had to get tested and fortunately, I am negative. The biggest fear in life is that of the unknown. Take out the unknown in your life. Please get your results. This is the only way you can formulate a plan of action.

I would suggest that until you get a handle on your emotions, it's probably best not to tell others. You don't need more pressure so eliminate that possibilty.

If you have a spiritual foundation, please continue your studies. I am completing a study entitled The Fruit of the Spirit by Beth Moore. It has helped give me great peace. (If your hometown does not currently have a study going, check on-line). I promise it will help.

You are not alone. Every day gets easier. Take a deep breath. It's okay to cry. You don't need to be scared. I cannot believe I would ever be of this opinion but A LOT of good and I do mean A LOT of good has come from our situation. Talk and work with your husband to get to a better place. It is possible!

I will be checking this bulletin to see how you are doing. Please feel free to ask for help on anything.

river
Expert

Reged: 03/05/05
      #139694 - 04/05/05 05:59 PM

How is the toxo doing. I had toxo approx. 9yrs ago. I had lesions on the right side of my braian which caused spasms on my left side. I am still on maintenance meds only because i need to have my t-cells over two hundred.for 6 mths. But a new MRI showed white matter, perhaps just scar tissue but bottom line is don't fret over it. I just had a spinal tap that was very painful. If hes on meds such as Clindamycin, daraprim, and leucovorin It should clear up.may take a while but you hang in there. Read up on toxo. It's caused by cat feces that has been sitting for over 24 hrs. I have 4 cats and we keep the box very clean. Be careful of birds. Check out the different articles. Educate, educate and more educate yous both. Knowledge is power and power helps health.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#145610 - 05/11/05 07:07 PM

I am married and in mid 30's i have aids and my wife is -
I f it was not for my wife and her love for me i probaly would not be here. The first time i saw my infections doctor he told me that i would not come out of it because it was so advanced. that was almost four ago and i am still here thanks to my wife, kids, family and friends. The best thing for you is get your results before its to late. The meds done wonders for myself and others i have talked with. So i recomend to hang in ther, get your results and stay as a family as you are. I also live live one day at a time and now educate on the matter of hiv/aids. So when you read this go to your spouse and tell him how much you care and show him by getting your results.
God Bless
Brad

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3654

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement