Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
motherschild

Reged: 02/23/05
help my loved one is HIV positive
      #134896 - 02/24/05 04:16 PM

between 5-6 years ago I realized a huge change in my mom. She didnt look the same and she lost alot of weight very very quickly. Also, I discovered she was taking HIV medication,which hurt me very much because she is not talking to anyone about her illness. Please share your similar story.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
Re: help my loved one is HIV positive new
      #134934 - 02/25/05 02:15 PM

Hi there Motherschild,

Wow, so sorry about your mom. I'm sure it blew you away when you found out. I've been pos. for a long time. I don't have children but know many friend that do and are infected. And I observe the delemia that rages within them pertaining to whether or not to tell their kids. Try to understand the different fears that surround all infected and affected.. I personally don't believe in family members keeping secrets of such life changing things. But I do respect the decision that parents make.

So now that you know how are you going to react to it. Getting mad, upset, and isolating your mom.would just reafirm her fears . You all must help each other in dealing with this. and the best way to do that is to learn about it. Find support groups go to counseling together, come to the computer together even. Realize now is one of the most import times in dealing with this. This is the beginning of the first phase of emotioal healing. And there is strength in numbers. If you want to talk privately or your mom you can wwrite me at flogeo@comcast.net. I assure you hon, this is not the end of life. on the contrary it's the begining of loving life. So give yyour mom a big hug and squeeze and be prepared to get one back and let the tears come together in one puddle. It'll all be okay. I would'nt say if it wasn't true .Let me know how it goes sweetie so I don't worry. Till then you take care and stay well. ...PS imagine what your mom went through hiding this. It caused her illness to cascade thats why the weight loss. It happened to me from the stress of having to live a double life. It wasn't easy for her. Perhaps now she can really get on the road to getting better and stronger. Your help is greatly needed.

motherschild

Reged: 02/23/05
      #134951 - 02/25/05 09:38 PM

thank you ooh so much for the advise. Its hard talking to others about her because Im afraid they will treat my mother like trash or something. I am in dispert need of a support group for myselp I want to understand her illness so when the time comes I can give and take care of her like she will need. And its hard because shes going through everything by herself. I really want to support her but she says nothing. help.

Mandy

Reged: 05/21/05
Loc: New JErsey
      #151494 - 05/22/05 07:32 PM

I'm really sorry what happen. I'm been positive for almost a yeah. No one knows my status. However, my ungle has HIV also. We know but he does not know that we know. One of his children told us.
I know its going to be hard for you, but she will need a lot of your support.

Good luck to you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#151605 - 05/22/05 09:53 PM

i am sorry that your mom couldnt share this with you.
i found out that my dad had aids because he got very sick so we took him to the hospital where they told us he had hiv i asked him why he never said anything and he said cause he didnt want us to worry. well i was buy hes side since i found out i feel very good of myself for being there for him and i know he was very proud of us all i can tell you is beby your moms side what happend in the past is in the past . you should make sure your mom takes her meds. and let her know that your not mad with her. i hope you can talk to your mom . before its to late you see i lost my dad yesturday and i dont feel like i didnt do nothing for him cuz i was by his side .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4360

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement