Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
waterspot
Unregistered

New, scared, and silly crazy for +man
      #133715 - 01/28/05 11:10 AM

Hello all, I'm a (-) female, recently met this GREAT (+) guy (28 y/o) . I'm scared, he's just recently been diag with AIDS. Very sick right now, hoping praying he will get better. Don't really know what to do, what to say, I'm just scared that he'll die, that my heart will get broke. He walked into my life, my heart exploded with this indescribable feeling, (he says his did too). Where do I go with this? Thanks all, good wishes and much love for all of you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
consty

Reged: 10/05/04
Re: New, scared, and silly crazy for +man new
      #133760 - 01/29/05 02:08 AM

follow your heart

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134021 - 02/04/05 05:11 PM

The only thing you can do right now is to help him deal with each day. My friend just buried her infected man after being with him 5 yrs and no shes not positive thank God. You seriously need to be not only wise but responsible. And don't worry about sex right now .Sounds like you and him have more important issues like his health. . With out really knowing the situation I really can't speculate and all this is sspeculation. Have you gone with him to see the Dr. If not you should. It would help you to understand more so from a professional. Myself and hubby been infected 20yrs each.im on meds for11.Hubby is long term survivor . I also have hep c and hes cleared of hep . Reason I'm telling you this is so that if you ever need to talk private just e-mail me flogeo@comcast.net. Girl you need all the positive support you can get right now. I'm here if you want or just keep in touch with the message board..Take care.. PS this does not have to be a death sentence .Find a support group and learn, learn and learn. Knowledge is power

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134064 - 02/06/05 12:46 AM

Don't be scared! Rejoice in the fact that you have found someone that makes you happy. I found my happines in 1997 and he also is +. We have now been married 3 years going on March. We have had our ups and downs, doctor appointments, hospitilizations and everything you can think of in between. Be there for him, give him all the love you can dig out of your heart. I promise you will be rewarded immensely with something that doesn't come along everyday, a fullfilling relationship with a person that you truly enjoy. Never give up!!!!!! Good luck and know that there are so many ways to insure your health safety. I have remained - this whole time, and I intend to remain that way. Please feel free to email me, I will respond as promptly as I can. tiink@hotmail.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134671 - 02/19/05 06:02 AM

Your relationship may work. It depends on you. You may pass through a lot of bad patches, but your love will always win. Don't be scared and don't give up.

drhivaids
Unregistered

#134798 - 02/22/05 09:50 PM

Your story brought back a lot of memories for me. I was dating a woman who I KNEW was the one! We did everything together, and everyone just knew that we would end up getting married. Then, I started to notice symptoms that scared me. I knew the signs of HIV infection, but I was too scared to face it. We were both committed to waiting until we were marrried before having sex (THANK GOD), but I knew I couldn't marry her without confiding my fears. I made up an excuse about not being ready for marriage and the whole nine yards. About a year after that I became ill and was diagnosed. Many times I wish I had just told her. I sincerely think that she loved me enough to stay with me, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. To this day I think about what we could have had. I am doing quite well health-wise now, but she got married about in the interim. Man! I still love that woman.
I said all that to say this. If you really love him, and he really loves you.....go for it! Talk to your doctor and his and make sure that you both are aware of what you need to do to for you to stay negative. Love is a beautiful thing. I fon't know if I'll ever find a woman more right for me than my girl was, but.....I hope so. Don't cheat yourself out of happiness!

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134810 - 02/23/05 09:03 AM

Hi Waterspot, How are things going for you and your new gentleman . I'm checking up on folks who wrote a message just to make sure all are okay and remind you that were here if need be. I hope your boyfriend has gotten a little better. Hey you just might be the medicine that he needs . I do understand how much your head over heals , just both of you be smart in whatever yous decide to do with your relationship. Love is not blind when it comes to aids. Hey ive been infect for 20 yrs with my man for 31 so it can be done just intelligently and responsibility

Helpless

Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: New England
      #135054 - 02/28/05 09:07 PM

Hi,
I know exactly what you're feeling. I experienced the same feelings about 9 yrs ago. I'm a -male and she was diagnosed + in 1986. Although I knew she was + before we committed to any kind if a relationship, it just felt right to go with my feelings at the time. She has been sick several times. She's also dealing with HepC. Her doctor wants her to have a liver biopsy but she's terrified of the possibilites if the results are less than favorable.
All I can say is that I know I made the right decision to stay with her. At times she is so scared. All I can tell her is that I will always be there for her. Unfortunaely the stigma of being HIV+ still applys. She is very careful and has chosen only a select few peopl in her life to tell.
If you really care for this person, I think you should go for it. He definitely needs your suppot now. I going to tell you now that it won't be easy for you at all. But I think it's worth it.

Best of Luck and my prayers are with you both ! ! !

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4943

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement