Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Zenobia
Unregistered

My Son has AIDS....I need help with family members
      #1328 - 04/02/00 06:54 PM

Greetings! My 32 year old middle son has AIDS. He was diagnosed with HIV in 1998. My mother died that year and when he came to the funeral after having lived in New Orleans for quite sometime, I could tell a difference in him. He has denied being Gay and has two children, one of whom I have raised for ten years.

I am feeling so sad for him and for myself and trying to work each day (with small kids) and not reflect constantly on what is happening. He told us the other night that his T cell count was down and he has a slender, unreal look about him...he is eating better and I am doing all I can to hold him and hug him and feed him and love him, and he likes talking about old times, and I am crying as I say this because besided God, there is no one, not even in our family..his sibling, etc..whoo understand this bond. My children grew up very close and are all in denial. When I suggest that we do things together and be as close and loving to him as possible. I am met by silence and mumbled commitments. We are African American and in our culture, sometimes this whole thing is too much for the community at large. Some relatives actually ask me to "hush" and not go further into details about his illness. I feel alone and shut out..anybody out there been there? Please email me!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mary Lee
Unregistered

Re: My Son has AIDS....I need help with family members new
      #1329 - 04/02/00 06:55 PM

Hi Sorry to here that your having so many problems with family I too have a son with AIDS. Most of his family is staying distant. We are very close he can thank his lucky stars that he has you. Anytime you feel that need to talk please feel free to email me I really do understand I'm with you. Just keep the faith sometimes family can be dumb and it takes awhile for them to adjust to the issues. Try and give them time and maybe they will come around. Just know that you are not along. There are alot of us out there who will try and help and be there for you. Take care. Sending you the best MaryLee>Greetings! My 32 year old middle son has AIDS. He was diagnosed with HIV in 1998. My mother died that year and when he came to the funeral after having lived in New Orleans for quite sometime, I could tell a difference in him. He has denied being Gay and has two children, one of whom I have raised for ten years.
>
>I am feeling so sad for him and for myself and trying to work each day (with small kids) and not reflect constantly on what is happening. He told us the other night that his T cell count was down and he has a slender, unreal look about him...he is eating better and I am doing all I can to hold him and hug him and feed him and love him, and he likes talking about old times, and I am crying as I say this because besided God, there is no one, not even in our family..his sibling, etc..whoo understand this bond. My children grew up very close and are all in denial. When I suggest that we do things together and be as close and loving to him as possible. I am met by silence and mumbled commitments. We are African American and in our culture, sometimes this whole thing is too much for the community at large. Some relatives actually ask me to "hush" and not go further into details about his illness. I feel alone and shut out..anybody out there been there? Please email me!

Eggert
Unregistered

#9979 - 09/22/00 11:20 PM

There is a cure from hiv, and it prevent infect
it is the compound Warlocker
you can send email to
warhamar@simnet.is

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27774 - 02/04/02 03:21 PM

Mother I feel your pain. My prayers and heart goes out to you. Keep your eyes on the Lord. Heavyhitter717@aol.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27836 - 02/06/02 03:27 PM

I feel we are in the same boat. I love that boy but i get tried. I can and do talk with my daughter and my hubby is encouraging at times. But only God can bring him and us through this. Other family memebers who know shy away because of be unlearned about the situation. I'm learning more as the days go by. I'm also learning about unconditional love. You are right we don't speak about. In the area where im at it is the unspoken diease.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5455

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement