The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Tracy
Unregistered

How can I help my brother-in-law with aids???
      #1324 - 04/02/00 06:51 PM

Hello all. lets see if I can do this..just bear with me.

I am engaged to a wonderful man and I have a beautiful baby girlw ith him. well about 8 months ago he told me that his brother had AIDS. This shocked me. But I did not feel differently about him. Actually at that point I had never met him because he was in and out of prison. He is a really good guy with an excellent heart. He was just lost in drugs and everything. Well he asked my fiance not to tell anyone. They found out he had AIDS 5 years ago..maybe 4 years ago. But they found out that he had Full blown aids. Well at that point they gave him 2 years to live. Here it is 3 years later. Recently I went over to their house (he lives with his parents) and i had just gotten over a very mild cold..nothing too bad. Well about 2-3 days later he gets sick. It just started with a head ache, now his mom says that he is getting pnemonia. They r taking him in to the doc tomorrow. Well now i feel sooo guilty. I mean what will happen if this is it. I shouldnt have ever gone to their house. But i thought i was over it. Stuffis in the air and people r getting sick..but i will not be able to look myslef in the mirrow knowing that it was me who gave him a little cold. i dont know. Anyways...his mother just found out from my fiance that i knew..so hopefully she will talk to me about it. this is the point i am making. His brother andI have gotten very close. We talk to eachother
and listen. But not once has he talked to me about aids. And i am not going to push the subject. i havent seen him take his meds or anything. and i have been with im before for 1 whole day..and NEVER did he take anything. Well I need to know what to do?? I want to help him, but he is the type to get pissed off if people pry??? how can I help him deal with this??? He needs a friend and I feel that i can do it for him. he listens to me...help..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
daiseydave

Reged: 06/09/05
Loc: Gulfport, Ms.
Re: How can I help my brother-in-law with aids??? new
      #156042 - 06/09/05 04:03 AM

Tracy...You are already doing the most important thing one can do for another when they ill or depressed. Listen. I might suggest you try to talk to him about his feelings on the subjects of aids/ fears / death. My lover past away last Oct and he and I had many discussions about our mortality and our different beliefs regarding spirituality. It sounds like there's no one else he can talk to about these things except you so encourage him to open up about his feelings/ fears. It's important to air them for good mental health. If I can be of any help or assistance don't hesitate to ask...I'm here.....

--------------------
David.....IN MEMORY OF RAYMOND DAVID
MCRAE III NOV25,1971-OCT15,2004

CD4: 522
VL: 12,226

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2411

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement