Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Love has HIV
      #127056 - 12/17/04 02:54 PM

Yesterday I found out someone who is a real sweetheart and someone I do want a future with has HIV.
When we first started talking he said he had a medical proublem, but at the time didnt discuss. It seems someone he knew emailed me telling me. He got upset because he was wating for a right time and the person just dislikes him horribly.
A few questions...... he found out he had it right away and even tho Im reading everything I can and he has told me info im still worried.
If treated correctly does it shorten life span? and for sexual active partners does just condoms help protect?
and one more sorry, I know if having a child the woman can take drugs to deduce the babys risk, but does it also reduce the womans while trying to concive?
Im thinking ahead of myself but he is the greatest guy and the fact he has HIV doesnt bother me, just upsets me to the point of worrying about him

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SlickWillieJ24

Reged: 12/20/04
Loc: Denver, CO
Re: Love has HIV new
      #131676 - 12/24/04 05:58 PM

Even though you have found out this guy has HIV does not mean anything may change in his life. He may live a long full life, just make sure he gets treatment. The only thing he might suffer from this would be to take some pills every day, other than that he may be fine. the longer it goes untreated though is when you would have to worry. Also if any sex is had using condoms is the answer, especially with an infected person. HIV is very concentrated in the semen which will make it very easy to get infected. As for men who get infected there are steps they can go through to have children, it is done medically and basically is like removing the HIV from the sperm sample and then it can be used to fertilize. Not a natural way of having children but it still is possible for men. Hope this helps a little bit.

ang89
Regular

Reged: 12/24/04
      #132449 - 12/31/04 11:19 AM

I realize you love him and I am just saying protect yourself. Use condoms and lube so they do not break. Oral sex is risky if he has any sores in mouth also. I have aids and believe me you don't want to put yourself at any risk cause its horrible you always feel sick. Check all your options carefully on having a baby. Take your time and research it well, cause any risk for a baby is scary. Even if that means a sperm donor which would still be better than an hiv+ child.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132855 - 01/12/05 02:44 PM

loving and living with someone with HIV is a cinch. It's having the babies that's hard...cause you cannot have unprotected sex EVER. So you have to go to certain clinics and pay money tohave his sperm washed and then get artificially inseminated.....they time it with your ovulation. But it's not easy. But if you love him and you can envision always always having sex with a condom, then go for it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2903

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement