Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
J.M.
Unregistered

Your partner has HIV+ & you don't? Talk to me
      #1225 - 03/31/00 11:35 AM

My husband and I have been married for 8 years, we have a 7 year old daughter. My husband was diagnosed in July with HIV and PCP. He has since been diagnosed with AIDS. I've tested negative twice since. We're working through it but it's hard. I'm scared of so much. Scared of loosing him, getting HIV, and how to get my daughter through this. I have a therapist and a case worker at our local AIDS project. Problem is that we live in central (very central) America. There's not alot of people here that have gone through this. I'm just looking for other people to chat with who understand how tough this is. Any help is appreciated.
JM

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
M.N.
Unregistered

My husband was just diagnosed new
      #1226 - 03/31/00 11:36 AM

My Husband of 5 years and just been diagnosed with Aids and we have 2 children. I have tested neg. and am thankful for that but I'm shocked to say the least. I have been on the computer as much as possible to find out as much as I can. I'm looking for a support group in my area ans the doctor is also getting me info. We just found out last week. My family knows and His family will find out on Friday.

J.M.
Unregistered

Re: My husband was just diagnosed new
      #1227 - 03/31/00 11:37 AM

I'm so glad you responded to my bulletin. MN, please feel free to contact me via email at mrldeyes@aol.com. It sounds like we're in the same situation. My husband and I still haven't opened up to all of our family, and I get sick over how to tell my daughter. It's alot like grieving. I've been through denial, anger, sadness, pain, acceptance, and back again. Some days are good, others hit me like a ton of bricks.

Russell
Unregistered

The man I'm dating has full-blown AIDS new
      #1228 - 03/31/00 11:39 AM

Hi there,

I am in a slightly different situation than you - in that the man I have recently started to date has full blown AIDS. I always said I would never date anyone with this disease - and yet here I am dating a man who will be dead within the next 18 months to two years - and I can't help feel how lucky I am to have met such a nice - kind -sweet man. Have been out with some real ***** in my time. He has a very positive outlook on life - and wants to enjoy and experience as many new things as he can possibly do. He gets tired very easily - and we all thought we had lost him over Xmas to this flu that is going round.
I personally am not afraid of death - and really believe that the people that we meet in life are destined to teach us things - and vice versa.
Please - if I can be of any support - and you don't mind talking to a gay man - then please e-mail me.

Russ.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4094 - 05/18/00 03:09 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that your husband has HIV. I'm curious though....how did he get it???????

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Your partner has HIV+ & you don't? Talk to me new
      #7787 - 07/30/00 04:14 AM

I know how you feel, my partner is HIV+ and we want to have a child but we're afraid that both I and the child will contract it. What you have to do is educate your daughter so she can understand and keep getting tested yourself. Or try different support groups online. I'm so scared of losing my partner also. Make sure your family spends a lot of time with eachother. I think what you need is family and friendships.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: The man I'm dating has full-blown AIDS new
      #9983 - 09/22/00 11:42 PM

There is a cure from hiv, and it prevent infect
it is the compound Warlocker
you can send email to
warhamar@simnet.is

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9984 - 09/22/00 11:44 PM

There is a cure from hiv, and it prevent infect
it is the compound Warlocker
you can send email to
warhamar@simnet.is

posneg

Reged: 06/22/05
Re: Your partner has HIV+ & you don't? Talk to me new
      #156451 - 06/23/05 11:52 PM

I UNDERSTAND YOUR FEARS. MY BOYFRIEND WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED. I HAVE BEEN TESTED ONCE SO FAR , NEGATIVE. I FEEL SO ALONE AND SCARED. I AM WAITING IN AGONY FOR MY NEXT TEST. I JUST GOT ON THIS SITE AND IT SEEMS TO HELP KNOWING OTHERS ARE FACING THESE SAME FEARS. GOD BLESS AND KEEP IN TOUCH PLEASE. POSNEG

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8976

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement