Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Cindy
Unregistered

Looking for other couples
      #1215 - 03/31/00 11:24 AM

Hi.

I am an HIV- female, soon to be married to an HIV+ male. I am looking for any feedback (support really) from others in a similar situation. My family is very much against this union. BTW, I am carring his child. I have tested negative for the HIV virus, (got the results yesterday), so the babe and I are fine. Any advise, helpful hints, etc. on how to deal with my family and friends, sexual issues, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
"EC"
Unregistered

Re: Looking for other couples new
      #1216 - 03/31/00 11:25 AM

First of all, congradulations on your upcoming wedding. I was married 14 years to a wonderful man and we have a 6yo boy. He was+ and my son and I are-. I have 2 bits of advice for you. No.1 KEEP HIM HEALTHY! Once they(+'s) get down, it's 100 times harder for them to get back up. No.2 Have him spend as much time as he can with your little one. My son had 6 wonderful years with his dad because he stayed home and worked on building our home. Good luck to you and many happy years.
EC

Cindy
Unregistered

Thanks for replying new
      #1217 - 03/31/00 11:25 AM

Thank you so much for replying. Was your husband + when you got married? How did your family react? How did you get pregnant? The old fashioned way, or with medical assistance? What did (does) your family think of all of this? BTW, the wedding was Sat. night (8/28), was very beautiful, I am due in January, and I think this child is going to be a gymnist by all the activity I am feeling! Thanks for letting me pic your brain.

"JC"
Unregistered

Re: Thanks for replying new
      #1218 - 03/31/00 11:26 AM

This is helping me too, because he went to be with Jesus in June. That's why I said keep him healthy. My husband only started getting sick about 6 months before, and was not on any meds because we were in denial. He must have been + when we got married, but we didn't know until a few years later. But since I was -, we hoped it was a false +. So, needless to say, we prayed alot and went the "the old fashioned way". When I was still -, we thought we were in the clear, until about 6 mo ago. Only my mom knows and his immediate family, and our church family. His family was very upset at first but then were supportive and are now being as supportive as I will let them, if you know what I mean. The church has carried us thru EVERYTHING, and it has been a great comfort. I hope I'm not upsetting you, it was just a very different time when I was in your shoes, I'm sure with all the advancements things will go well for you all. I'll check back from time to time to chat. I've had to move on to another BB a couple of rows down.
thanks, EC

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Looking for other couples new
      #9985 - 09/22/00 11:45 PM

There is a cure from hiv, and it prevent infect
it is the compound Warlocker
you can send email to
warhamar@simnet.is

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3869

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement