Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
"G"
Unregistered

Starting a relationship with someone who is hiv+
      #1186 - 03/31/00 10:53 AM

Many years ago I fell in love with with Kath but failed to start a relationship due to our fear of communicating our feelings toward each other. This year I had heard she had left her husband. Being older and less bashful I decided to pursue my dream of being with her. Three evenings of my courting her have gone by when from a third person I am informed that she has aids. I place my thoughts,(by shovelling the roof all day) and go see her that night. I try to get Kath to tell me that she has aids but I can't fish it out of her, and so I tell her I know. We go through her story, and get to our story past and present. Our feelings toward each other are made clear and we laugh at how naive we were. Now as crazy as anyone might find me, I do want to pursue this relationship. This brings me to ask has anyone else walked this road? and advise if any.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
"S"
Unregistered

Does she have AIDS or HIV new
      #1187 - 03/31/00 10:55 AM

First question: Is it AIDS or HIV? Second: Does she love you?

I am involved with an HIV+ man. He was diagnosed about 9 months into our relationship. One advantage that you have is that you already know her status.

Our relationship has ups and downs, much like other relationships, yet HIV does tend to colour those issues differently sometimes. My partner is in good health (I guess that's why I ask you whether Kath has AIDS or HIV), so I don't have any issues about having to take care of him, but several around him not being around in the future.

Probably the key to any relationship is good communication. Sounds cliche, but there it is. A lot of how things work with you and Kath may have to do with how she views herself and whether or not she is taking care of herself.

You are not crazy. If you feel it's right and want to go with it, and if she has something to offer you, do it.

All the best.

S

"G"
Unregistered

Re: Does she have AIDS or HIV new
      #1188 - 03/31/00 10:55 AM

Thanks for the reply. She is HIV+ and not full blown aids. I'm still learning all the proper terms(and more and more about the disease)
Whether she loves me is a question I'm still working on. It's nice to hear that it can work out though. I hope you keep up a wonderful relationship.

Take care.

G

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Starting a relationship with someone who is hiv+ new
      #133996 - 02/04/05 04:52 AM

I've know a wonderful guy for a couple years now. We've been talking about taking that step into a relationship. I believe we really do love each other. Problem is, he just found out that he is HIV+. We'll, I'm negative. Honestly, I don't see it as a problem. This guy means the world to me and I want to be with him. How can I show him that knowing is half the battle, life's not over, we could have many great years together and IT CAN WORK?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3619

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement