Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

My boyfriend has HIV-need to talk with someone.
      #115864 - 11/22/04 01:58 PM

I RECENTLY FOUND OUT MY BOYFRIEND IS HIV POSITIVE. I AM CONFUSED,SAD,AND NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My boyfriend has HIV-need to talk with someone. new
      #115979 - 11/23/04 01:36 PM

I am so very sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I hope everything works out for you both. My prayers are with you all. This sight doesnt seem to have to many people on here on a regular basis, why dont u try www.aidsmeds.com. they have a living with forum over there with expert advice, people who are postive or have a family member who is or if they just have a fear or want to help. They will welcome u and they are wonderful. May God bless u both

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #115989 - 11/23/04 04:50 PM

I am on the other side of the illness. When I met my boyfriend and then was diagnosed I thought my future was erased and there was no hope. That he or no one else would want a future with someone who had my illness. But my husband of almost 12 years NOW said at the time "I would rather have 2 years of happiness than none at all with you". We have known each other for 14 years and even though I have HIV WE are still going strong and happy. And I live a fairly normal life.

Your boyfriend has ALOT of years ahead of him...expecially with the treatments out there. Don't loose out on any happiness because of the "what if's". Be happy, careful (use PROTECTION), and just LOVE.

If you have any questions...just post them and we will answer. Or register and send me a private email on the board and I will respond.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

Unregistered

#118802 - 12/01/04 06:27 PM

My heart goes out to you - it's a scary thing finding out your boyfriend is HIV positive. I want to share my story, because I went through the same thing. In 1996 my partner was diagnosed, not just with HIV, but with full-blown AIDS. Before 1996 an AIDs diagnosis was a death sentence. Around 1996, new drugs showed alot of promise, but no one new how long they would work. His doctor told him he would live maybe 2 years "possibly longer". I'll never forget that day and how horrible we both felt. 8 years later, he has done very well on his medications. It has meant some changes - a lot more doctor appointments, and it's no fun having to take all the pills he has to take, but he's fully employed and healthy - and happy. I'm on this site now because I have reason to believe I'm infected. I went to my doctor today, had a blood test, and will find out the results on Friday. I'm sure you're worried about whether or not you are infected. I'm in the same boat. All I can tell you is that it is important to get an HIV test. Believe me, you are better off knowing than not. I'm scared too, that's perfectly normal, but I truelly believe you will feel better when you know what's going on. Either you're negative, which will be a relief - or, even if you're positive, your doctor will be able to guide you and help you through the process of getting the help you need to stay healthy. I hope this helps. I'm no expert, just someone who knows how you feel. Please feel free to email me at njsammy1953@hotmail.com if you want to talk some more. It's important to reach out to other people. You started the process just by posting your message. There's so much reason to be hopeful! All the best, sam

Addy22

Reged: 12/01/04
      #118807 - 12/01/04 07:55 PM

I'm totally in the same boat. Someone who I started seeing just got his positive results today. World AIDS day. I am so everything. I basically told God off, because it's not fair. I am being strong for him, but who can be strong for me. I am his only support system. I'm with ya completely.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#120219 - 12/06/04 08:45 PM

Good evening,
I just found out that my BF has HIV positive also. I found out on Thanksgiving Day. My heart goes out to you. I hope that you can find it in your heart to stay with him and love him through this. Some say to run the other way. I say not to. For me he is choosing to run the other way for the moment I hope that he will come back around as I am ready to stay with him regardless and be supportive to him. If you have had unprotected sex you need to be tested 13 weeks after exposure. Is he taking any meds. My BF is taking protease inhibitors which esssentially block the virus from duplicating itself. If you would like to chat further via email. I will give you mine. It is ellelkwd@aol.com. I will pray for you and support you in anyway that I can. Bless you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#121333 - 12/07/04 10:28 PM

I found out my boyfriend was HIV+ this past June, he knew but had kept it from me...and that was after we had been dating for over a year. At the time I didnt know what to do, I was hurt and angry that he had lied to me...but i was also deeply in love with this man, and for me there was never any thought of leaving him.
It is now 6 months since i have known and i am more in love with him now than i was before. Not to say its all been rainbows and sunshine since june, but In my head we are a normal couple, he just has a lot of pills to take. I grew up with diabetics in my family, so in a lot of ways its similar to remembering to take your insulin everyday.
do i get scared everytime he coughs, hell yeah. have i thrown the fact that he lied to me for a year back in his face a few times, im ashamed to say yes to that too. But i love this man, more than i could possibley say...he treats me like a goddess and i think i make him feel just as good.
What you need to do first, is get tested...and then find someone to talk to...get educated. There were so many misconceptions i had concerning this disease, there is so much that i didnt know. And last but not least, listen to your heart. you will figure out what is right for you and your boyfriend. god bless!

BSM

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: Seattle, WA
      #122181 - 12/09/04 12:53 AM

I don't know if I can help, but can let you know that this is not a death sentence for him. I tested positive back in Nov 89 and have many ups and down, including losing two lovers to AIDS, but I am still here, happy, healthy and very lucky to be in a loving relationship with an HIV- man. If you want to talk, feel free to e-mail me and I would be glad to talk with you. Brian

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132604 - 01/05/05 05:34 PM

I have been postive for 17 years and if you take the mediciation and listen to doctor you can live a long life it has been hard but its has work please response

Anonymous
Unregistered

#132724 - 01/09/05 05:04 PM

THINK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE,BUT MY BF REFUSES TO TAKE MEDS.

E Lutins
Unregistered

#132911 - 01/13/05 03:55 PM

someone very close to me as well has been diagnosed with this and I feel the same as you and my whole world has been pulled from underneath me hopefully your boyfriend has caught it early enough so they can use preventive medicine on him as for my stepfather we didn't even know he had it the way we found out was he became ill through pnumonia and now he has full blown AIDS and theres nothing we can do. All we can do is pray and don't give up!
Having you in my prayers,
E Lutins

Anonymous
Unregistered

#140574 - 04/26/05 01:14 AM

I'm going threw the same thing your going threw. I just found out acouple of hours ago, and I don't know if I'm going or coming now. I love him with all my heart, I don't know what to do. The thing I hate about the whole situation is he don't know I know. He told his mom and I overheard, so I can't comfort him or anything. He only cheated once on me and he don't know if I gave it to him or her. I'm pretty sure she did, but right now I don't know what to think. I can't talk to nobody because I don't want nobody to know. Shit I don't even suppose to know. I just need someone to talk to, I'm so scared and confussed I don't know what to do, Can you help and talk to me?

sylvia

Reged: 06/14/05
      #156175 - 06/14/05 07:34 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your boyfriends positive status. But if you love him and he loves you then you will conquer it. He needs you now more than ever, just remember to protect yourself, also remeber that every dark cloud has a silver lining, while things may seem awful now this new news may make you and your boyfriends relationship even stronger. I will definatley be dropping a prayer for you and your boyfriend. I wish you and your boyfriend the best of luck <3

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6851

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement