Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worst news from a best friend
      #112942 - 10/20/04 06:16 PM

*sigh* Ive never done nor talked about this before....its happened very recent,y-in fact i was told only the other night that my best friend tested posative for HIV 2 months ago-he didnt tell me before in fear i would leave, which i haven't. In fact I only love him more...

but it still frightens me, Ive never dealt with something like this before and have noone to turn to to speak to. He's just as depressed- more likely more so than I am...about the news, and he believes it was from his past drug use as a young teenager, i really dont know what to do to make him see that he *has* to get help, and that his life isnt over because he has this...

and also to calm my nerves about loosing him....

but im not going anywhere, ill be there for him for as long as it takes...

but i do need advice....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dakotalagrange
Regular

Reged: 07/26/04
Re: Worst news from a best friend new
      #112946 - 10/21/04 03:06 PM

You win the award for best friend. I know that right now it is quite confusing and alarming. However, standing by him will help both of you to heal. I have been positive for two years and having a strong support system is the only thing that really got me through this. The first year is the most difficult. Introduce him to this site. We are all here to give him emotional support. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#112948 - 10/21/04 04:57 PM

thanks, I knew from them oment he told mr that I wasnt going to leave him behind like that-its not in my nature to do something like that.

my concern is that quite recently, Ive had to actually *convince* him...damn near tellhim that he *had* do go back to the doctor....he actually wanted to have nothing to do with the doctors and actually told me "whats the point?"

but he's promised to go, and im making him fulfill that promise

Anonymous
Unregistered

#113134 - 10/26/04 05:20 AM

That is the worst news. When I was diagnosed in 1990 it was the worst day of my life. You are wonderful for being there and planning on being there. That right there will be a tremendous support. Any support group you can join would
help. Reading if you like to read...about HIV itself. POZ is a magazine your friend can get for free, I do. If he can get counselling, or even on anti-depressants (doing that too here)
can help. Good luck to you both!

pocahontas

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: minnesota, united states
      #113645 - 11/02/04 05:08 AM

you are one of those very few people that humans can truely call a friend. i was diagnosised with AIDs two months after finding out i was hiv positive. i always think about what would be different if i found out sooner and started meds. after you have been diagnosised with AIDs you never can have the staus of the virus just being hiv. 200 t-cell count ( same as cd4 count) or less or a cronic disease usually only affecting an AIDs patient is how they determine if hiv has progressed to AIDS. i am 23 years old and have AIDS, but i know i'm not dieing anytime soon. since i have been going to the doctor everything has been getting better. most of all your friend just needs you there, and if at anytime they want to be alone just remind them that you are there whenever they are ready. ten days after starting my hiv drugs him viral load dropped to undetectable (which means it is below 50). that is a difference of 6,960. viral load is how much of the virus is detected in a certain amount of blood. good luck with everything.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#113948 - 11/07/04 11:51 PM

You are an absolute angel. Just be who are and support him. before we know it, we realize who we love and who we love(s) us. God bless you.
joe i n Phoenix
jdelatorre65@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

#113949 - 11/07/04 11:56 PM

Very touching and just beautul. We are all special people and must be here for eachother. Joe
jdelatorre65@yahoo.com

EDDIE__VASQUEZ
Regular

Reged: 10/30/04
Loc: FLORIDA
Re: TO POCAHONTAS new
      #114031 - 11/09/04 07:13 PM

I BEEN THERE WHERE YOU ARE AND NOW AM 1375 T-CELLS AND 0 UNDITECTED...KEEP THE FAITH ON MY FRIEND.. AND TO EVERYBODY ON THIS PANEL..GOD BLESS YOU ALL.. AND ITS GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE SUPORT FROM LOVE ONES......SINCERELY EDDIE.

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #115984 - 11/23/04 04:27 PM

It is great that your friend has such a caring friend in his life. The best advice I can give you is just be there for him...it is going to take some time for him to adjust and realize that his life is not over...just a little altered. Also, you should try and convince him to see an HIV counselor. Seeing a counselor will help him work thru alot of difficult moments and will provide him with a lot of answers to questions.

Good Luck and God Bless You and Your Friend.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

padude647
Unregistered

#118914 - 12/02/04 02:42 AM

I am HIV positive and can tell you that your loved one should seek medical attention for there are life saving aniti-retroviral drugs to combat HIV/AIDS! Good luck!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6684

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement