Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Nutrition, Exercise & HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: What Are You Doing to Stay in Shape? new
      #272842 - 06/30/13 05:39 PM

I just signed up with this program at the local Y . Its for 1 hour twice a week. But my schedule hasn't been able to open up for it yet. I'm hoping to go tomorrow after cable guy comes.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Andrew32

Reged: 08/23/13
Re: What Are You Doing to Stay in Shape? new
      #273550 - 08/23/13 12:37 PM

You are doing really good and i am liking your routine what you are doing if we all do stuff like this it can take our fitness to the next level.
By this keeping yourself in shape is a bit easy.

Heartflower

Reged: 12/16/11
Loc: Denver, CO
Re: What Are You Doing to Stay in Shape?
      #275486 - 02/19/14 05:29 PM

I've been doing a lot of research on websites like mercola.com and peaktestosterone.com and have come up with the following program:
1) High itensity interval aerobics ("HIIT") 2-3 times a week. This is quick (and excruciating). You can find it under "Peak 8" at Mercola.com but there are lots of sites talking about it. It boosts HGH (human growth hormone) and Testosterone, gives you a lot of energy and amazing fat loss (if you have fat.) The HGH has been shown to mitigate HIV side effects, and the Testosterone addresses the low-T most HIV patients have.
2) Weight training with high weight and very slow reps 2 twice a week. You can find out more about this also at Mercola.com. The slow reps reduce injury, and the high weight allows fewer reps so yields a faster workout. Like the HIIT, it works your white fast-twitch muscles which stimulate HGH release.

Both types of exercise improve testosterone, stabilize and normalize your lipids, fight high blood sugar, and improve your sexual response.

On other days I might walk, bike, or dance... something to keep moving, keep stretches (yoga is good) but not push my limits otherwise, since rest is very important in these programs to get the benefits.

Also, avoiding sugar especially after the HIIT will maximize the benefits.

For supplementation, whey protein (without the synthetic hormone aspartame and of course without sugar) will help with muscle weight gain and reduce the chances of diabetes. Add some selenium and a good multivitamin, and you're also boosting your T-cells according to recent studies.

Ignore the "big-pharma-only" approach the "experts" in here advise. Exercise is the most powerful drug you can use, and supplements can help to maximize its effects!

In 3 months I've become noticeably leaner, added a lot of muscle, and improved my lipids in my labs. All in only a few hours a week!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7005

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement