Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> Myths About HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Conspiracy Theories
      #183039 - 03/29/06 07:53 AM

March 27, 2006—Approximately 30% of black people and 22% of Latinos living in Texas believe that HIV is a government conspiracy to kill “minority populations,” according to a report in the Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Conspiracy Theories new
      #183073 - 03/29/06 11:10 AM

Wild stuff. We need to teach them.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #183141 - 03/29/06 02:07 PM

I heard it was a virus developed by the federal government to get rid of people who didn't practice abstinence or safe sex.

Glenn
Unregistered

#198017 - 06/28/06 09:28 AM

This is not far from the truth!!! Due to government policies and historical injustice, minorities have less access to health care and HIV education/treatment and as a consequence their HIV infection rate is much much higher. HIV is devastating the economies of many third-world countries (all populated by dark skinned ppl). President Reagan wouldn't even say "AIDS" because it was not a problem faced by his voter base; it was a gay and african (minority) problem. The powers that be may not have invented HIV but it sure did fit their agenda.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198543 - 07/02/06 12:30 AM

Maybe we need to focus on our own battle with HIV/AIDS right here in America. I think it's awesome that people travel abroad to try and educate others about this epidemic, but some of our people here still aren't educated about the disease, especially the blacks/ minorities. I think we should take the time out to take a look from the outside in, and help each other become educated. The reason why "we" think that it is some conspiracy is because we are not taught about it in our low- income neighborhoods, and it's not talked about in school either. Definitely a thought.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6517

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement