Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV+ in the Guard
      #96542 - 04/26/04 10:08 AM

I just found out I'm HIV+ and I'm in the National Guard on Title 32 orders. Do I have the same benefits as Title 10 military personnel? Please help. I need advise.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV+ in the Guard new
      #96702 - 04/27/04 04:47 PM

what is titile 32 and title 10. no matter what you are entitled to everything a hiv - soldier is entitled to. except you may not be able to deploy.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#96841 - 04/28/04 08:57 AM

Title 32 active duty is considered AGR (active guard reserve) orders. Title 10 active duty is your federal service contract. I'm on title 32 orders and have 18 years. Will they let me retire at 20? Where can I get info on my benefits? Thanks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#98970 - 05/20/04 02:07 PM

They can't kick you out and your benefits will be the same as any other retiree. Im not sure where th VA comes in. If you were on active duty it would be considered service related and be entitled to medical benefits along with disability. You will have to check on that.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99700 - 06/09/04 12:38 PM

I am in the Army Reserve and have been HIV positive for two years. You are entitled to the same benefits aside from being deployable. You will have to jump through some hoops to stay in. I have just reenlisted and can stay until retirement providing I stay healthy. Maintain your health and your career will continue. Best of luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99755 - 06/10/04 11:38 AM

What kind of hoops - a medical board? Are you taking medication yet? I just found out my status recently. I have almost 19 years TIS.

I'm also a veteran of Gulf War 91-92 era. Have you researched any benefits/disability entitlements upon retiring?

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks.

NORTHEASTAR

Reged: 11/07/04
      #113945 - 11/07/04 08:52 PM

[quote]I just found out I'm HIV+ and I'm in the National Guard on Title 32 orders. Do I have the same benefits as Title 10 military personnel? Please help. I need advise. [/quote]

NORTHEASTAR

Reged: 11/07/04
      #113947 - 11/07/04 09:07 PM

I was on active duty for 2 years and in the guard for 12 years. Diagnosed in '86 and discharged in '87 ending my career. I had hoped to eventually to get back in and finish my retirement because I loved being in the service of my country but that is not an option now as far as
i can tell. This disease is so distressing in so many different ways, emotionally, economically,socially etc. Anyway, just wanted to express my thoughts.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#114000 - 11/09/04 12:05 PM

Thanks for replying. As of right now, I'm still AGR in the Guard. I did four years active duty also. Are you able to get treated by the VA? Will they give you meds for the HIV? What is your co-pay? I'm trying to plan for my future, as I'm almost at 20 years. Please reply.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#118801 - 12/01/04 05:42 PM

I recently enrolled with the VA for medical support for HIV. I was forced to transfer from ADAP because gov't funding is not keeping pace with the rising number of HIV patients. Because you are a veteran you will have to use the VA for your care and meds. I do have a co-pay, so far I have paid $56.00 for three meds but to early to tell how much it will be on a regular basis. You are fortunate that you will be able get your retirement, take care.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10665

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement