Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> HIV/AIDS in the Military

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

hiv + in army
      #16145 - 03/03/01 01:54 AM

ive been on active duty in the army for 14yrs 3mos. i was diagnosed on 16 mar 94 when 2 airplanes collided at pope afbnc. while i was applying pressure to my confirmation stick the nurse heard that there was a large plume of smoke coming from pope (we were at the old std clinic at fbnc the in the fenced in area by pope) and asked if i minded walking outside with her to see what it was. in my bdus with my top off appplying pressure to my confirmation stick we walked outside to see the smoke. my cdr who was a doctor also walked outside to look at the smoke. 10 minutes later the call came for all med personnel to report to womack. i had just signed my counseling statements and been read the riot act about sex. 7 yrs later through the lack of confidentiality and humiliation i have almost 15 yrs active duty. im taking meds the army pays for and plan on retiring in 2006 and collecting several retirement checks. the army has no confidentiality and sucks being hiv pos on active duty but take advantage of the free meds and benifits because life sucks even worse as a civilian and the meds cost alot. hang in there and suck up the bull stuff and drive on. believe me i dont like it and i miss deploying and having an opportunity to go over seas but it could be worse. we have it much better than civilians in the long run. take care

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5377

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement