Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
ohmy!
Unregistered

tcells n v.l.????
      #99236 - 05/26/04 04:21 PM

My t-cells have dropped to 97, but my v.l. isundectable..I feel good so i go with it..I trynot to get caught up in numbers....Guess I waitedto long to take meds..I was down to 27 tcellsand my v.L. was skyhigh....they told me,because Iwaited so long to take meds, that ill never be able to reach 500...Ill be glad if i just make itover 200 tcells...I have had this dreaded dieasefor 18 yrs. started meds 2 yrs ago..Some daysI feel like the king of the jungle, and otherdays i feel like iam in a jungle...So i have to go with the flow and not let numbersbother me.....so far ..so good..Iam on Kaletracombiviar, and meperhon suspension, to keep mefrom getting pcp..(which thank god) I havent gotten yet...Is anyone here simular to my healthstatus?? Inquiring minds want to know..:O)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rob 2
Unregistered

Re: tcells n v.l.???? new
      #99414 - 06/01/04 04:04 PM

I tested positive in 1989 with 450 t-cells. I began taking meds two years later and have had sevral different medication regiems. After two episodes of pneumosistis (HIV related pneumonia) my t-cells dropped to 100 in 1992 and then to ZERO in 1993. I have been very diligent in taking my meds since then and I NEVER miss a dose. Now in 2004 my t-cells are at 850 and my viral load has been un-detectable for 4 years. DON'T give up..get plenty of rest, take your meds, eat well, get exercise (just walking around the block is fine) and keep a positive attitude. It sure worked for me.

ohmy!
Unregistered

#99816 - 06/12/04 06:03 PM

THank you Rob...so if your tcells went up is thatbeacuse u took your meds sooner that i did? I waited16yrs with a tcell count of 27...so i dont know ifthey will ever go up again, due to the fact i startedmeds too late...At least thats what the drs say..but ido feel great, i take my meds regiously, and eat well.I can use a bit more excersise though..thanks for yourpost back to mine...take care Liz

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99914 - 06/15/04 04:43 AM

Wow, my situation is so similar it's almost scary! Just found out today that my t-cell count dropped from 590 to 388...over 200 in less than 6 months! It dropped to 200 prior to starting cocktail, so I am concerned it can go there and beyond again...and such a drastic drop so quickly, I got worried...I am also long term survivor, over 14 years. My doctor looks at the %, not numbers, so I am trying to do the same. My viral load last lab slightly detectable, (results from recent not back yet) I have been responding well for over 7 years on Norvir/Saquinavir, recently began low level resistance. Your thoughts I am using to advise myself, not looking at just the numbers". And the jungle analogy? Perfectly describes.
Thanks for sharing, good luck, your courage is contagious!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99915 - 06/15/04 04:46 AM

More words of wisdom, proof of the power of positive thinking and trying to live as healthily as possible, and STICK TO THE REGIME! I have missed (mainly during flu season, sick alot) but am determined not to do that in the future. Thanks,
march on!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1877

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3