Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
pos_91

Reged: 09/05/00
Help
      #9640 - 09/15/00 01:59 PM

I need to now if anyone has had any problems with their memory. There seems to be somekind of tension head ache related to my problem . but im not sure if its just from the stress of forgeting everything or its connected to the forgettin. I am a mess thinking all kinds of crazy stuff Brain tumor just crossed my mind as a diagnosis. I'm driving my self crazy .I've been infected since 91 was onand off azt in the begining then when the protease inhibitors came out i have been on a non stop regimin since then of triple drugs only one 1week interupt cause i was on crixovan and the liver started up. so i had to switch to viracept 3tc and azt been doin pretty good got my t cells up to 1000 and undetctable viral load. But it seems for the last two months i have been forget way too much. the doc says it comes with age but we now our bodys better than anyone. I have a gut feeling it is more than that. I asked the doc to check out hormone levels thinking maybe its pre menapause or an imbalance haven't got the results yet. Its getting real scary. Im forgeting important stuff. like paying fines i got a letter they are going to suspend my license cause i didn't make my monthly payment . unless i get down there and pay it off. I've been missing appointments . Even when someone asks me for something If I get distracted thats it . Sometimes I remember the next day. "Didn't so and so ask me for this?" anyone experience any thing like this?What happened? Did u find a Solution? or How do you deal with it? Sorry so long.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Help new
      #9653 - 09/15/00 08:34 PM

ACETYL L-CARNITINE. Recent studies have shown it can protect vital organs from oxidative damage while increasing brain levels of choline acetytransferase, improving cognitive function.

B-12

Vitamin B12 levels decrease with age and various measures of cognitive impairment are associated with reduced B12 status. In one study of subjects suffering from senile dementia, 78% of the subjects had metabolic cobalamin deficiency. Among those subjects supplemented with vitamin B12, significant improvements in IQ, motor function and mental state were noted.

There are no confirmed reports of toxic side effects associated with vitamin B12 supplements - even at the very high injected doses commonly used to restore cognitive function in elderly subjects suffering from B12 deficiency. Oral intakes as high as 3000 mcg are considered non-toxic.

Phosphatidyl Serine

Phosphatidyl Serine Helps Improve Cognition

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1418

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3