Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

SYMBOL OF HER
      #94068 - 04/01/04 01:58 PM

I have been affected by AIDS since the age of 8 My stepfather died several years ago and my mom is sick. I became a volunteer at an agency of families affected with AIDS as a big sister. My little sister mom died three weeks ago. I went to see her at the ICU no one knew she had become critical overnight because we had spoken to her two days earlier. I saw a lady laying with a machine coming out her mouth and her chest been pumped deep down and up. I had to look at the chart to know it was her. I felt like i was floating I just stared at her chest and I couldn't hear anything. I was trying to touch her hand which was the only thing I recognized she always had long colorful nails but I couldnt i guess a doctor saw i was shocked and sat me down.

I knew she was sick but i never expected to see her or anyone I care for in that condition I feel so hurt I feel so guilty for not touching her hand Her family turn the machine off the next day . I REALLY WANTED TO TOUCH HER HAND.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SYMBOL OF HER new
      #94200 - 04/02/04 08:22 PM

I have been in very similar circumstances. The way that I looked at it was that when the person was well, we had good feelings so when the person died, we still had good feelings.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1669

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3